Linux Newb - How Does This Look?
Mostly taken from eskro's post.

Welcome to the XBMC forums.

What are you doing for storage? Do you already have a hard drive/SSD to use for this build?
I have an extra laptop drive in an external enclosure I was going to use for now.
Looks good , I got the same motherboard & case , but using amd a4-3400 apu . Does everything I need on windows , not sure about the support for linux ...If I were you I would wait a couple of days ,
FM2 socket should be out on Oct 2nd :http://semiaccurate.com/2012/09/24/amd-announces-launch-date-of-2nd-gen-apus-2/

And if you wanna run Linux, check and see if the Apu is well supported .
I know I've been saying this alot lately ... but

Why not a intel board with the built in CEC chip for HDMI control ?

an i3 inside it will run everything you need and work well with both linux and windows

if you don't use it now you can add the chip later and don't have to have a dongle

DH77EB

I know its not a mini itx board but if your looking for small not power then go with a netbox otherwise I would recommend a board in that intel series
I definitely want a homemade device. My original idea was something along the lines of a raspberry pi, pandaboard or the equivalent, built into a cigar box that I have sitting in my entertainment center. However after doing a bit more research I was lead to believe I would need something with a bit more power so I can surf the net on my tv, stream videos from YouTube, etc. I am not apposed to using an intel at all, and from what I have been reading it seems people say intel is a little more Linux friendly, so I defiantly will look into a intel chip. I am trying to find the happy median for myself, I know I want to surf the net on it, stream videos, and watch my downloaded shows in a high def quality, however I don't game & I am not into 3D video.
Will this memory be a problem with the ASRock B75M-ITX board & MI-008 CASE?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6820148516

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Newb - How Does This Look?0