• 30(current)
Win [Release] Viaplay (plugin) video addon - Viaplay - Discontinued
(2014-01-16, 16:35)ChrilleChrister Wrote: Hello!

I love the plugin and I haven't had any problem with it except for one thing. I don't know if anyone else has had the same problem. Whenever I start the plugin whether it is a movie, tv-show, live-sport or channel it works perfectly and shifts focus to Viaplay but only the first time when the auto-login is required. The second time around if I want to watch something else it starts, and you can hear the sound but the focus isn't changed from XBMC to Viaplay.
An easy solution would be to just ALT-Tab but the thing is that I'm using a remote without that command and I don't have any keyboard plugged in to my Media PC. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with me using XBMCLauncher. I've been playing around with the settings for a while and still haven't found a solution. Anyway, someone here may be able to help me.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks I'm happy to hear that you like the plugin.
I've had others reporting the same issue with the IE web browser starting in the foreground.
I'm currently looking into this issue and I hope to have solved this when the next version is released.
Does it work if you use another web-browser? I've been trying to change the default web-browser in the controlpanel but for some reason XBMC still insist using IE when I start the Viaplay addon.
(2014-01-17, 16:37)ChrilleChrister Wrote: Does it work if you use another web-browser? I've been trying to change the default web-browser in the controlpanel but for some reason XBMC still insist using IE when I start the Viaplay addon.

That's by design. The Viaplay addon uses Internet Explorer explicitly since it's the only web browser that support Kiosk Mode via the commandline.
Okay, that explains alot. Well, I'm eager to test the new version when you are done. Smile
Plz :-) would like to test the viaplay addon. I have Windows 7
(2014-01-19, 22:03)Dennisthemenace Wrote: Plz :-) would like to test the viaplay addon. I have Windows 7

You can download the latest version from the first post in this thread.
This version is fully working with the Viaplay website. Let me know if you have any questions.
doesnt work for me at all. when i press "play" on an item it loads a webpage with viaplay, then there pops up a login window, this then disappear after a while and then there just is a white page and nothing happens Sad
(2014-01-28, 20:09)drumcode Wrote: doesnt work for me at all. when i press "play" on an item it loads a webpage with viaplay, then there pops up a login window, this then disappear after a while and then there just is a white page and nothing happens Sad
Makesure that you have logged in to the viaplay website before you start the addon. If you are running the addon on Windows then you need to login using Internet Explorer. On mac os/x use Safari and on ubuntu use chrome. Try this and let me know if it works.
(2014-01-28, 20:46)MDDSD Wrote:
(2014-01-28, 20:09)drumcode Wrote: doesnt work for me at all. when i press "play" on an item it loads a webpage with viaplay, then there pops up a login window, this then disappear after a while and then there just is a white page and nothing happens Sad
Makesure that you have logged in to the viaplay website before you start the addon. If you are running the addon on Windows then you need to login using Internet Explorer. On mac os/x use Safari and on ubuntu use chrome. Try this and let me know if it works.

There seems to be a problem with playing content via the addon.
Unfortunately this problem seems to be on the Viaplay side, so I'm not able to fix this. Sad
The automatic login in Internet Explorer is not working very well and this seems to be the issue why the playback won't start.

My suggestion is to contact Viaplay and tell them to fix automatic login for Internet Explorer.
You should be able to reproduce the problem your self by starting Internet Explorer and then goto the Viaplay website and login.
Then close Internet Explorer and start it again and goto the Viaplay website, you should be automatically logged in.

For me this fails a lot of times.
thanks for your answers. yes the problem is login. is it possible to use chrome instead? here auto login works just fine and thank you for this pliugin. just great
(2014-01-29, 21:56)drumcode Wrote: thanks for your answers. yes the problem is login. is it possible to use chrome instead? here auto login works just fine and thank you for this pliugin. just great

Thanks, I'm looking into this as we speak Smile
Unfortunately Chrome has some issues with kiosk mode (full screen) when starting from the command line from Python.

According to the Viaplay support, they do not recommend using Internet Explorer.
They said that Viaplay works best with Chrome.
I've been doing some research and I'm sorry to say that it's not looking so good.

To only switch to Chrome will not help anymore, Viaplay has made some new changes (probably yesterday ) which affect the automatic login and playback.
And this affects all browsers on all platforms. In order to be able to start the playback the addon would need to send the correct deviceId with the playback url.
Unfortunately I have not found a way to retrieve the deviceId.

I will continue to investigate and try and find a solution, but it will take longer than anticipated.

One solution is to go back to have a separate application on Windows which will handle login and automatic playback.
But this will not help on the other platforms such as Mac os/x and Linux.
(2014-01-31, 08:59)MDDSD Wrote: There seems to be a problem with playing content via the addon.
Unfortunately this problem seems to be on the Viaplay side, so I'm not able to fix this.
I've been doing some research and I'm sorry to say that it's not looking so good.

One solution is to go back to have a separate application on Windows which will handle login and automatic playback.

That's very unfortunate. I started with XBMC (and this add-on) only a few days ago, and as a matter of fact, I never succeeded to get it working. First I tried with Raspberry, before I saw Linux was not supported due to Silverlight. Then I installed XBMC in Windows, but no luck. One thing: Which version of IE is required for the login procedure? I have the latest (IE 8) which is compatible with Win XP. Otherwise, my default browser is Firefox.

Can you please explain what you mean with "One solution is to go back to have a separate application on Windows which will handle login and automatic playback". What does this involve? A lot of work? Something users can do themselves?

My only remaining solution for watching the OS hockey was my Android phone connected via a HDMI adapter to the TV. It works.
(2014-02-04, 19:50)cosmic Wrote:
(2014-01-31, 08:59)MDDSD Wrote: There seems to be a problem with playing content via the addon.
Unfortunately this problem seems to be on the Viaplay side, so I'm not able to fix this.

That's very unfortunate. I started with XBMC (and this add-on) only a few days ago, and as a matter of fact, I never succeeded to get it working. First I tried with Raspberry, before I saw Linux was not supported due to Silverlight. Then I installed XBMC in Windows, but no luck. One thing: Which version of IE is required for the login procedure? I have the latest (IE 8) which is compatible with Win XP. Otherwise, my default browser is Firefox.

Can you please explain what you mean with "One solution is to go back to have a separate application on Windows which will handle login and automatic playback". What does this involve? A lot of work? Something users can do themselves?

My only remaining solution for watching the OS hockey was my Android phone connected via a HDMI adapter to the TV. It works.

The last couple of days I've been trying out a few different solutions unfortunately none which are working to my satisfaction.
It seems that Viaplay has made a few changes (the last couple of days) that makes the automatic login and playback non-functional.

Before I rewrote the addon (due to Viaplay changing their website) I had a Windows application that handled the web-playback by automatically login in and starting the playback.
But since one of Viaplays features when they introduced the new website was automatic login I saw an opportunity to not have to rewrite the application to handle the new website.

The idea is to rewrite the application so that at least all Windows users still can use the addon. On other platforms such as Mac OS/X and Ubuntu it will be as before, which means
that the addon will start the web browser with the url to the specific movie or episode and you would need to login to the website (if that does not work) and manually start the playback.
This solution both for Windows and the other platforms would be temporary until I can figure out a better solution.
Thanks for reply.
Bear with me when having some newbie questions - XBMC is very new to me:
* Today the add-on is not functioning *at all* with Viaplay content, right? Not even with their OS material (which is not using Silverlight, bit Flash). Ot is there *any* manual workaround?
* Is (will be...) Internet Explorer essential to use for the Viaplay add-on to work? If so, is version 8 enough? (The highest version possible in Win XP).
* I know the add-on is supported on Raspberry due to Silverlight restrictions. But should *Flash based* content on Viaplay (i.e. OS content) be possible to stream anyway?
  • 30(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] Viaplay (plugin) video addon - Viaplay - Discontinued9