• 32(current)
Win [Release] Viaplay (plugin) video addon - Viaplay - Discontinued
(2014-02-28, 20:29)VortexDK Wrote: I have kind of a different problem, my chrome installation is the same as StefanK's in C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Application\Chrome.exe
I'm using v. 2.0.5. when I select a movie or tv-show, it minizies xbmc, starts chrome and then shows a white page, with a lot of text. but when I go the page manually, I have no problem watching a show.

I've released a new version 2.0.6 which will solve your problem.
New in this version is also a basic version check.
For more information see the first post.
(2014-02-28, 22:39)MDDSD Wrote:
(2014-02-28, 20:29)VortexDK Wrote: I have kind of a different problem, my chrome installation is the same as StefanK's in C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Application\Chrome.exe
I'm using v. 2.0.5. when I select a movie or tv-show, it minizies xbmc, starts chrome and then shows a white page, with a lot of text. but when I go the page manually, I have no problem watching a show.

I've released a new version 2.0.6 which will solve your problem.
New in this version is also a basic version check.
For more information see the first post.

Is this addon still being developed?

I am running XBMC 12.2 on Windows 7 x64 and are having problems that the stream doesnt seem to launch properly.

It ops the Chrome window and goes into Viaplay but the streams never starts and instead I have to click once more on the web page to launch the stream, Any ideas on what could be causing this?
Quote:Is this addon still being developed?
Yes it's very much being developed. Smile

Quote:I am running XBMC 12.2 on Windows 7 x64 and are having problems that the stream doesnt seem to launch properly.

It ops the Chrome window and goes into Viaplay but the streams never starts and instead I have to click once more on the web page to launch the stream, Any ideas on what could be causing this?

It's first I've heard about this...
I'll try and have a look at this later today.
(2014-04-14, 13:40)MDDSD Wrote:

Quote:I am running XBMC 12.2 on Windows 7 x64 and are having problems that the stream doesnt seem to launch properly.

Thanks for the reply. Very glad to hear that it still is in development. Smile

I basically reinstalled my Xtreamer with Windows 7 instead simply to provide easier access to Viaplay and Netflix. Smile

I don't know if it provides any help but I am also using the Netflix addon which seems to work in a similar way and here the Chrome browser launches just fine. Also if I stop the playback on Netflix it automatically jumps back into XBMC but this doesn't seem to work on the Viaplay addon either but I could imagine it could be related since it seems to not launch the stream to start with.

Is there anything I can assist with? Do provide logs from trying to launch provide any help? I don't get a proper error but maybe the xbmc logs are able to provide some details to the issue?
(2014-04-14, 14:04)Grimster Wrote:
(2014-04-14, 13:40)MDDSD Wrote:

Thanks for the reply. Very glad to hear that it still is in development. Smile

I basically reinstalled my Xtreamer with Windows 7 instead simply to provide easier access to Viaplay and Netflix. Smile

I don't know if it provides any help but I am also using the Netflix addon which seems to work in a similar way and here the Chrome browser launches just fine. Also if I stop the playback on Netflix it automatically jumps back into XBMC but this doesn't seem to work on the Viaplay addon either but I could imagine it could be related since it seems to not launch the stream to start with.

Is there anything I can assist with? Do provide logs from trying to launch provide any help? I don't get a proper error but maybe the xbmc logs are able to provide some details to the issue?

Since you do not get an error I do not think the log will help.
The Viaplay addon uses AutoHotkey script to start playback and to go back to xbmc once the playback is stopped (either with pressing stop on the remote or media buttons on the keyboard or by pressing x).
I'm not sure if there is a conflict with the Netflix addon.
Which Netflix addon are you running?
I use NetfliXBMC (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=178693).

Didn't realize there was more than one Netflix addon. Smile
(2014-04-14, 18:48)Grimster Wrote: I use NetfliXBMC (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=178693).

It seems to be working fine, but I've seen the behavior you described a few times.
I think that the main reason for your problem could be due to how fast Viaplay starts streaming.
Do you encounter this behavior every time you start playback?
How long does it take before the steaming begins?
(2014-04-14, 19:30)MDDSD Wrote:
(2014-04-14, 18:48)Grimster Wrote: I use NetfliXBMC (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=178693).

It seems to be working fine, but I've seen the behavior you described a few times.
I think that the main reason for your problem could be due to how fast Viaplay starts streaming.

I have tried maybe around 15 times and it seems to happen everytime. The browser jumps into the page specifik for that stream but you have to click one extra time.

I can test today but I estimate that it takes maybe around 10 seconds at most before it starts.
(2014-04-15, 08:34)Grimster Wrote:
(2014-04-14, 19:30)MDDSD Wrote:

I have tried maybe around 15 times and it seems to happen everytime. The browser jumps into the page specifik for that stream but you have to click one extra time.

I can test today but I estimate that it takes maybe around 10 seconds at most before it starts.

Sorry for not answering this sooner.
I could increase the wait time before clicking on the play-button...
I might be able to handle this in the MceRemoteHandler.exe which handles this.
Hi

I cant get Viaplay to work under XBMC in Linux.
If I go directly from the chrome browser, I have no problems watching Viaplay movies.
I have installed pipelight and a switch agent to get this far.
So in principle it should also be possible with XBMC
Not much is happening when I try from XBMC It does not open the browser.
(Chromium is my default browser and I am runnning latest version of Ubuntu)

Any ideas ?
(2014-04-27, 14:25)Jens_Elmo Wrote: Hi

I cant get Viaplay to work under XBMC in Linux.
If I go directly from the chrome browser, I have no problems watching Viaplay movies.
I have installed pipelight and a switch agent to get this far.
So in principle it should also be possible with XBMC
Not much is happening when I try from XBMC It does not open the browser.
(Chromium is my default browser and I am runnning latest version of Ubuntu)

Any ideas ?

Could you try with Chrome for Linux.
I've tried with Chrome and Ubuntu.

/Mattias
Hi

I tried with google-chrome which was downloaded directly from google.
Checked that it worked when launching viaplay from google-chrome, and it worked perfectly.
When I try from XBMC, I get the rotating circle for a split second and nothing more.
(2014-04-27, 15:55)Jens_Elmo Wrote: Hi

I tried with google-chrome which was downloaded directly from google.
Checked that it worked when launching viaplay from google-chrome, and it worked perfectly.
When I try from XBMC, I get the rotating circle for a split second and nothing more.

Could you send me the xbmc.log file via PM, it might help me with finding out whats causing this problem.
The log-file should be located here: $HOME/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log

Please post here when you've sent me the log-file.
(2014-04-23, 11:38)MDDSD Wrote:
(2014-04-15, 08:34)Grimster Wrote:
(2014-04-14, 19:30)MDDSD Wrote: It seems to be working fine, but I've seen the behavior you described a few times.

Grimster could you respond to this message and let me know if you want to try a solution that I'm working on.
It would allow you to increase or decrease the wait time before the play-button is clicked.
Let me know and I'll send you a modified version.
(2014-04-29, 09:51)MDDSD Wrote:
(2014-04-23, 11:38)MDDSD Wrote:
(2014-04-15, 08:34)Grimster Wrote: I have tried maybe around 15 times and it seems to happen everytime. The browser jumps into the page specifik for that stream but you have to click one extra time.

Grimster could you respond to this message and let me know if you want to try a solution that I'm working on.
It would allow you to increase or decrease the wait time before the play-button is clicked.
Let me know and I'll send you a modified version.

Hi, sorry for the late reply. Yes I would very much like to try out that possible solution. Smile
  • 32(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] Viaplay (plugin) video addon - Viaplay - Discontinued9