• 34(current)
Win [Release] Viaplay (plugin) video addon - Viaplay - Discontinued
I'm running this on minimal installation ubuntu 14.04 with pipelight. I can open chrome from advancedlauncher (threw a script using openbox) and play viaplay. But the plugin can't open viaplay in chrome. Is it possible to implement a possibility to edit the script that launches the links?

Using it on a mac also, but it only starts in safari (not default webbrowser)...

But very nice plugin! Smile
(2014-05-21, 18:53)orrpan Wrote: I'm running this on minimal installation ubuntu 14.04 with pipelight. I can open chrome from advancedlauncher (threw a script using openbox) and play viaplay. But the plugin can't open viaplay in chrome. Is it possible to implement a possibility to edit the script that launches the links?

Using it on a mac also, but it only starts in safari (not default webbrowser)...

But very nice plugin! Smile

Thanks I'm glad you like it Smile

On Mac the default browser is set to Safari.
On Ubuntu it should use the default web browser and in your case it should launch Chrome.
Are you running Google Chrome or Chromium web browser?
The only way to change how the web browser is launched is by changing the Python code.
(2014-05-18, 17:43)sanity Wrote: Ok. After a few more days of testing I found that it seems when wasapi is enabled this plugin fails to start playing the stream. That is for wasapi in system settings/audio and the first option. Wasapi for passthrough works if its enabled. But the first audio option must be set to directsound for stream to work. This is in xbmc 13 gotham.
Other video plugins works with wasapi enabled in both options.
Anyone that can test if you expirience the same problem?

I have had problems with Wasapi before in combination with other programs. I had trouble with Emulators either crashing or missing sound, when wasapi was activated. The thing is that when wasapi is activated XBMC reserves the audio output, so as long as the audio is played through XBMC there is no problem, playing sound from programs running beside XBMC, problems. I was able to fix this by disabling menu sounds, then XBMC no longer reserves the audiooutput unless a video is played. if that doesn't work maybe using a script that pauses or closes XBMC when openning the browser and then reopens when closing the browser, could work instead. this kind of solutions is very popular when using advanced launcher for games.
When i want to start a live sport thing i get an error message. I can choose Livesport > Fotboll but then it crashes. Anyone have The same problem?
(2014-07-19, 16:17)spaxx24 Wrote: When i want to start a live sport thing i get an error message. I can choose Livesport > Fotboll but then it crashes. Anyone have The same problem?

There seems to be something wrong when loading the sport events for different categories e.g. Football.
I'll try and fix this as quick as possible.
I have it working with Live Sport (although I've not released a new version yet).
When testing this (I currently don't have sports in my Viaplay subscription) I found that Live Schedule isn't working either...

In the long run it would be better for me to rewrite the sports section and use the Viaplay web service instead of going directly to the website.
Movies and TV both use the new Viaplay web service and they have all been very stable.
Hi MDDSD. I could provide you with a login to my account wich includes sports if needed?
I use this a lot and would love to see everything work Smile
Okay, I admit it: I am a total newbie. I just installed Openelec on my mini-computer using a USB-stick and there is was: XBMC.

Now I tried to install the Viaplay addon and everything looks good - except for the fact, that I CANNOT watch anything! When I try to start a movie or similar the XBMC says "working" for about 2 seconds and then nothing happens. I have a Viaplay.dk account etc. so i am pretty sure, that my issue has to do with the fact, that I do not have a browser installed. How can I make this work from inside XBMC? I do NOT know anything about Linux at all and therefore i do not know how to modify files outside the XBMC. I read, that I need to install Pipelight, but how do I do that from inside XBMC?

Please help a newbie, thanks...
(2014-10-14, 12:51)mate123 Wrote: Okay, I admit it: I am a total newbie. I just installed Openelec on my mini-computer using a USB-stick and there is was: XBMC.

Now I tried to install the Viaplay addon and everything looks good - except for the fact, that I CANNOT watch anything! When I try to start a movie or similar the XBMC says "working" for about 2 seconds and then nothing happens. I have a Viaplay.dk account etc. so i am pretty sure, that my issue has to do with the fact, that I do not have a browser installed. How can I make this work from inside XBMC? I do NOT know anything about Linux at all and therefore i do not know how to modify files outside the XBMC. I read, that I need to install Pipelight, but how do I do that from inside XBMC?

Please help a newbie, thanks...

The Viaplay addon require a webbrowser to work.
For now you are not able to use the addon on Openelec.
Thanks for a quick reply.

Any hope, that this will be available at some point? Big Grin
(2014-10-14, 13:20)mate123 Wrote: Thanks for a quick reply.

Any hope, that this will be available at some point? Big Grin

Maybe in the future, but it all depends on Viaplay and the content format, so far a lot of content are DRM protected and XBMC is not able to playback this internally.
That's why playback is done through the web browser.
Anyone tested this add-on with Kodi ?, I'm getting invalid structure error when installing from the zip file
(2014-10-17, 14:50)minitv Wrote: Anyone tested this add-on with Kodi ?, I'm getting invalid structure error when installing from the zip file

On what platform are you running Kodi?
Please see the first post for supported platforms.
Hi

It is on Windows 7, I just tried with the newest Kodi build, but still the same.
(2014-10-18, 11:00)minitv Wrote: Hi

It is on Windows 7, I just tried with the newest Kodi build, but still the same.

I have to look into this.
I'm currently not running KODI (Helix) but the last stable XBMC 13.2 (Gotham).
Which version of KODI (Helix) are you running (is it nightly builds or Alpha)?
  • 34(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] Viaplay (plugin) video addon - Viaplay - Discontinued9