• 4(current)
Win [Release] Viaplay (plugin) video addon - Viaplay - Discontinued
ksdenmark, the username and password are read directly from the same file as XBMC saves the add-on settings.
If you goto "%appdata%\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.dvblink" and look in the settings.xml file, you will find your username and password.

There is an easy way to test the viaplaylauncher.exe, create a bat-file e.g. "run.bat" (in the same folder) with the following line:
viaplaylauncher.exe -k "http://viaplay.dk/film/5-days-of-war/177391"

And if you then execute the bat-file "run.bat" it will be the same as if you launched it through XBMC.
It's a bit easier than launching it from XBMC when you are testing.

Do you notice if any of the username or password is entered into the username and password fields?
Sometimes half of the username and/or password can be entered into the field...
(2012-10-27, 10:10)MDDSD Wrote: minitv, does the add-on hang when you try to play a specific movie/episode or sport event?
Or does it happen when you select "Film", "TV" or Live Sport?
If it's possible can you send me the xbmc.log file that's located in the root of %appdata%\xbmc
you can send it to me as a pm or post it here.

Hi, XBMC still stops responding after I have removed all other add-ons, it does not matter if it is a film/tv or sport event
I will send you the log file in PM
In the next version the add-on will have support for TV Favorites. You can add series as favorites and then access them easy through the Favorites menu under TV.
I've released a new version, see first post for more info.
Great news MDDSD!!! Can´t wait to try it tonight.

Is it possible to remote control the playback with MCE remote just like playback of videofiles "inside" XBMC by this I mean "Pause" , Fast forward" "Fast backward" and return to XBMC by pressing "stop" on MCE remote. If so what to do to get it working?

Would be fantastic if viasat could help make it work on Raspberry Pi also. Anyone send them a request for that? What should they support to make it work on RPI?
(2012-11-02, 11:28)chrlau5 Wrote: Great news MDDSD!!! Can´t wait to try it tonight.

Is it possible to remote control the playback with MCE remote just like playback of videofiles "inside" XBMC by this I mean "Pause" , Fast forward" "Fast backward" and return to XBMC by pressing "stop" on MCE remote. If so what to do to get it working?

Would be fantastic if viasat could help make it work on Raspberry Pi also. Anyone send them a request for that? What should they support to make it work on RPI?

I've actually been experimenting with support for MCE remote, but I don't have anything working yet.
Maybe in a later version.
To be able to support Raspberry Pi the playback has to be something other than Silverlight, I think Flash would work better...
If it cant berede controlled by remote what Are The advantages/benefits Then vs using only browser?
(2012-11-02, 15:23)chrlau5 Wrote: If it cant berede controlled by remote what Are The advantages/benefits Then vs using only browser?

The advantages are:
Automatic login and playback.
The player goes to fullscreen automatically.
The ability to close the browser by pressing x.
Also stop playback by pressing x.
Ok maybe the x could be mapped to a button on the remote?
Tried the MCE remote Addon and mapped the "clear" button on my MCE remote to keyboard letter "X" and restarted pc and now it is working! Perfect :-)

I agree that are great features.

Sorry to say that on my Win 7 64 bit the movie does not start in full screen?

The auto login is working every time now :-).

One more feature request: When I have started watching a movie and exit the movie and return to the same movie it asks me to start from beginning or from the time I stopped the playback last time. If somehow this could be chosen from my remote it would be absolutely brilliant.

Also jumps of 1,5 ,10,15, 30, minutes by pressing a button 1x 2x 3x 4x 5x times then this would rock my world! Some kind of simulated clicks with the mouse in the elapsed time line.

is it only stereo or 5.1 sound when using this plugin? Possible to control volume bty remote when watching movie?
(2012-11-03, 09:06)chrlau5 Wrote: Ok maybe the x could be mapped to a button on the remote?
Tried the MCE remote Addon and mapped the "clear" button on my MCE remote to keyboard letter "X" and restarted pc and now it is working! Perfect :-)

I agree that are great features.

Sorry to say that on my Win 7 64 bit the movie does not start in full screen?

The auto login is working every time now :-).

One more feature request: When I have started watching a movie and exit the movie and return to the same movie it asks me to start from beginning or from the time I stopped the playback last time. If somehow this could be chosen from my remote it would be absolutely brilliant.

Also jumps of 1,5 ,10,15, 30, minutes by pressing a button 1x 2x 3x 4x 5x times then this would rock my world! Some kind of simulated clicks with the mouse in the elapsed time line.

is it only stereo or 5.1 sound when using this plugin? Possible to control volume bty remote when watching movie?

Thanks for the suggestions.
Some of them are a bit hard to achieve, but I'll try my best. Smile

The fullscreen feature works 7/10 for me personally but I just tried the add-on at a friends house and the fullscreen feature didn't work at all.
The resolution is still the same 1080p so it should work. Perhaps I need to refine it a bit more.
By the way the fullscreen feature is done through simulated mouse click and by re positioning the mouse cursor.
I'm not doing anything with the playback it's all controlled by Viaplay and the Silverlight player.

I have some good news.

In the next version there will be support for MCE remote when running on Windows and using the Viaplaylauncher.exe.
The supported resolution is 1080p and 720p.

The following features will be available:

Switch between fullscreen by pressing the OK button.
Control playback with Play and Pause buttons.
Stop playback by pressing Stop button.
Restart playback by pressing the Replay button.
Continue playback by pressing the Skip button.
Go back by pressing the Back button.

Hey MDDSD. I have just discovered your addon and it is actually tempting me to become a regular customer of viaplay.
And with the features you are mentioning for the next version it will become very close to an integrated xbmc experience!
The next thing would be to ask for the plugin to import fanart for the TV and Film sections, if possible.
Keep up the good work!
(2012-11-06, 20:33)StefanK Wrote: Hey MDDSD. I have just discovered your addon and it is actually tempting me to become a regular customer of viaplay.
And with the features you are mentioning for the next version it will become very close to an integrated xbmc experience!
The next thing would be to ask for the plugin to import fanart for the TV and Film sections, if possible.
Keep up the good work!

I'm actually looking into adding support for more extensive info for TV-series by using the TVDB api.
But I have this planned for a later release.
While waiting for perfect support of MCE Remote:
The default MCE Remote command for stop and pause in XBMC is ctrl-shift-s and ctrl-p respectively. But XBMC will also stop and pause if you press x or space.

So by changing the two commands in the MCE Remote add-on our remotes will be able to pause and stop/exit Viaplay :-)
Here's a little status report.
I still have some issues with play and pause buttons on the MCE remote, these buttons are not handled in the same way as the other ones.
So It might take a bit longer to work this out. On the other hand, the control of playback is now resolution independent which means that you can have any resolution and still be able to use these features.
The reason for this is that I have to position the mouse cursor and then simulate a click or doubleclick in order to do stuff, this was easier to do with a fixed resolution.

I've also finished support for watched episodes. When you play an episode, the add-on will mark it as watched. You can control this by bringing up the context menu and select if the episode should be marked as watched or not. This information is saved in a database so it will be available next time you run the add-on.

I've gotten a request for Norwegian Viaplay support, if there are more requests for this I might consider adding it in the coming version.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] Viaplay (plugin) video addon - Viaplay - Discontinued9