Reset resume status
XBMC has any built in function to reset the progress status of a movie? I want to add it to movie context menu and specially for "movies in progress" widget of my default skin MQ4.

It's very annoyance when I'm just testing some movies and it goes to my home screen because it is "in progress".

Is there any other easy way to reset that status?

Thanks.
I wish to have Rotten Tomatoes (user+critics) + IMDB both ratings display in skin.
You can change the percentage watched before it is added in advanced settings.xml
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
It makes no difference, I really prefer to reset manually per movie.
I wish to have Rotten Tomatoes (user+critics) + IMDB both ratings display in skin.
Wow, this is an old post!

Has there been any progress at all in this field?
I could really use the same feature (for the exact same reasons), and I can't seem to find this option in context menus or movie information or anywhere else.

Anyone?
I still waiting for a solution.
My manual way of doing this is, fast forward, or skip through the whole movie, then, mark as unwatched.
(2013-09-23, 15:54)endlesslyonline Wrote: My manual way of doing this is, fast forward, or skip through the whole movie, then, mark as unwatched.

Just mark watched then unwatched. Much quicker.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Or when if gives you the option to resume or start from beginning select start from beginning let it play for a couple seconds then stop it
(2013-09-23, 16:30)Martijn Wrote:
(2013-09-23, 15:54)endlesslyonline Wrote: My manual way of doing this is, fast forward, or skip through the whole movie, then, mark as unwatched.

Yea, lol, that also works. but in Aeon Nox, for some reason, if I dont forward all the through, sometimes the semi circle showing 'progress' does not dissapear Huh
(2013-09-23, 23:15)endlesslyonline Wrote:
(2013-09-23, 16:30)Martijn Wrote:

Yea, lol, that also works. but in Aeon Nox, for some reason, if I dont forward all the through, sometimes the semi circle showing 'progress' does not dissapear Huh

Marking watched, then unmatched doesn't work for me as these movies still shoe in my "in progress widget" and still have resume points attached.

I'd like to see a setting for "reset resume status" in the future as I have lots of movies showing as in progress that arnt in progress at all, I just popped in to check a scene out or see if it looked by good etc...
+1 for this!
I could really use this feature, for the exact same reason - sometimes just wanna check a specific scene and then the "in progress" section gets cluttered with movies i haven't really watched...

I guess there's a dilemma here - should it be reset to watched or unwatched?
i think the answer (=algorithm) should be: if the previous state was "half-watched", make it "unwatched". if it was "watched and in progress", make it "watched".
(2013-10-12, 09:48)PatrickBateman Wrote: Marking watched, then unmatched doesn't work for me as these movies still shoe in my "in progress widget" and still have resume points attached.

I'd like to see a setting for "reset resume status" in the future as I have lots of movies showing as in progress that arnt in progress at all, I just popped in to check a scene out or see if it looked by good etc...

This was just bugging me the other day. A reset action or let unwatch also reset resume point would be great.
I'd like to try and modify my theme to add this functionality. Basically, I'm going to try to add a button that does this.
I'm a programmer myself, but not very familiar with C++ or the structure of the XBMC program. I've fiddled with themes a bit, and would like to give this a shot.

Can someone that's more familiar with the XBMC project please put me in the right direction -
I'd like to know where in the code the "in progress" flag is being set, I'm guessing there's a callback somewhere that's being triggered after the "StopVideo" event (or whatever it's called) is fired, that checks the time-point in which the movie was stopped and sets the "in progress" flag accordingly.
I can't seem to find this in the code, though. Can someone help?

Thanks Smile
Follow up question:

I've found in xbmc/Application.cpp:

Code:
void CApplication::OnPlayBackEnded()
{
  data["end"] = true;
}
void CApplication::OnPlayBackStopped()
{
  data["end"] = false;
}

Does this have anything to do with this flag, or is this being set elsewhere via the CAnnouncementManager::Announce method?
+1 for this feature.
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Reset resume status0