Reset resume status
@EtgarDizz: See SaveFileStateJob.h. That saves the resume point.

It's retrieved in CGUIWindowVideoNav::LoadVideoInfo() I think it is.

To reset, you can do it via JSON-RPC most likely - it's a matter of setting the resume bookmark back to 0.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2013-11-08, 22:50)jmarshall Wrote: @EtgarDizz: See SaveFileStateJob.h. That saves the resume point.

It's retrieved in CGUIWindowVideoNav::LoadVideoInfo() I think it is.

To reset, you can do it via JSON-RPC most likely - it's a matter of setting the resume bookmark back to 0.

@jmarshall:
Thanks for the idea, it certainly made me dig into the JSON-RPC protocol and learn a lot from it Smile

However, I don't think this can be accomplished via the current RPC version -
The VideoLibrary.SetMovieDetails method doesn't support "resume" in its parameter list. Moreover, I called JSONRPC.Instrospect and searched through the API, and the only reference to "resume" I could find is in retrieving information.

I was, in fact, able to get the resume info from a specific movie:
Code:
Request:
{"jsonrpc":"2.0","id":1,"method":"VideoLibrary.GetMovieDetails","params":{"movieid":20,"properties":["title""resume"]}}
Response:
{"id":1,"jsonrpc":"2.0","result":{"moviedetails":{"label":"Live Free or Die Hard","movieid":20,"resume":{"position":1854,"total":6319},"title":"Live Free or Die Hard"}}}

...but that's not what I'm looking to do Sad
I think I'm gonna start reading on how to accomplish this via Python.

BTW:
I think this parameter should be added to the next JSON-RPC version... why not?
Feel free to add a request for the JSON-RPC API. It won't be possible via python.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2013-11-11, 00:41)jmarshall Wrote: Feel free to add a request for the JSON-RPC API. It won't be possible via python.

From what I understand, if I get the object representing the currently highlighted list-item, I could do something like this:

Code:
listItem.setProperty('TotalTime', '0')
listItem.setProperty('ResumeTime', '0')

Is that incorrect?
(have yet to figure out how to get the highlighted item...)

Also - link to JSON_RPC request queue? couldn't find it in the wikis.
Setting of resume points is already supported by JSON-RPC, but only from v6.2.0 onwards. Prior to v6.2.0 you can only set playcount and lastplayed fields. The script in my signature can restore watch/lastplayed status for movies and tvshows, and if supported the resume point too (you'll need to provide a suitably crafted input file if not restoring a previous backup).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2013-11-12, 01:48)MilhouseVH Wrote: Setting of resume points is already supported by JSON-RPC, but only from v6.2.0 onwards.

Wow, that's great! Didn't know this.
However, My JSONRPC version is 6.0.3... I've actually got one of the latest Frodo Nightly builds (using mac osx and had to bypass the Mavericks crash problem), still it's only v6.0.3.

How/where can I get the latest JSONRPC version onto my XBMC install?
And, more importantly: is there a standardized update process for this from within XBMC? because if not, this script I'm trying to create won't work for anyone using a "standard" Frodo install...
Change to a Gotham development build.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2013-11-12, 22:05)MilhouseVH Wrote: Change to a Gotham development build.

So I understand that this kind of script will only work in Gotham and higher?... bummer.
Also, is there a list somewhere that I can see the different builds, and the latest JSONRPC version that comes with them? I'm asking cos I couldn't find anything like this in the Wiki.
(2013-11-12, 22:31)EtgarDizz Wrote: So I understand that this kind of script will only work in Gotham and higher?... bummer.

Setting the resume field? Yes, Gotham only via JSON.

(2013-11-12, 22:31)EtgarDizz Wrote: Also, is there a list somewhere that I can see the different builds, and the latest JSONRPC version that comes with them? I'm asking cos I couldn't find anything like this in the Wiki.
Gotham is evolving all the time, the latest nightly Gotham now has JSON-RPC API v6.13.0. It's unlikely that any of the JSON updates will be back-ported to Frodo, which looks to be stuck at v6.0.3.

You might want to keep an eye on this thread, it's a little out of date but only due to the numerous updates that have landed in the last few weeks.
Setting a movie as watched and unwatched is not a good solution
because once we set the movie as watched it disappears from in progress section
and now we need to search for the movie again and then mark it as unwatched..

It also causes trak.tv to sync the movie as watched when we haven't really watched it.

This is a waste of time and is an inefficient solution..
instead of a simple context menu > mark as unwatched.

===

Please add feature to reset / unwatch an in progress movie
(2017-08-19, 03:17)madmax2 Wrote: Please add feature to reset / unwatch an in progress movie

Select your "in progress" movie and choose "resume from start"

As soon as playback start, stop it

Your movie should now be set as unwatched
Moanbag is in da place!
(2017-08-19, 05:44)Gracus Wrote:
(2017-08-19, 03:17)madmax2 Wrote: Please add feature to reset / unwatch an in progress movie

Select your "in progress" movie and choose "resume from start"

As soon as playback start, stop it

Your movie should now be set as unwatched

wow thanks..

this is a good work around solution

much better than setting it as watched and then searching for movie and setting unwatched...

It would still be good if a feature was implemented in the context menu to reset the in progress movies..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Reset resume status0