Cachesize and advancedsettings.xml
Hallo, i am very impressed of XBMC.. after having several problems with other mediaplayer and decided to build my own HTPC i found it is the best media center software to use... at the beginning i had little issues with framerate.. but it is running very well now.. but 2 days ago a problem occured which i was not able to solve yet:

I am using D-LAN here in my appartment and the transferrates are about 5-7MB/s.. when trying to stream a MKV-file with following specs (video: AVC 25Mb/s audio: DTS 1510 kb/s) from a PC in another room to the HTPC it stutters a little bit.. not so bad.. but it is enough to pause the playback for buffering... the most time the video runs fluently.. but in about 90 min. there are 3 points where the buffer runs empty.. so i try to help myself and found something about a advancedsettings.xml...

i created such a file.. put it in the right folder (user/username/appdata/roaming/xbmc/userdata).. but the result was terrible... buffering during playback was higher than before.. deleting the xml didn't help.. buffering stays bad.. i had to reinstall xbmc..
now it is again like i told before.. 3x in about 90 min. ... what was my mistake? why was it more bad when i tried to raise cachemembuffersize?... i only want the video to run fluently all over..

my system:
windows 7 64 (on both, my main computer and the htpc)

if any other information is needed please tell me.. hope somebody can help me.
you probably didn't do anything wrong, as there is no caching for network filesystems (e.g. SMB). There is a Pull Request for this on Git, but its still debated and not in the official builds. Right now you cannot do much, besides compile xbmc yourself with the patch included(or find a binary that has it - if any) or using an ethernet cable.
Thank you for answering.. i am not sure if i understood everything you have said.. what does "pull request" mean? and what is "git"? I am not that experienced that i can compile... but i try to get advice by research and time.. Smile
I managed it... if somebody wants to know... the problem was not xbmc or windows.. it was the wall socket.. i just put the speedlink adpater into another socket and (what a surprise!) no problems anymore.. the videofile runs fluently all over..
Does anyone have a binary for win xp with buffering for SMB?!?
Something I desperately want/need!

(2012-09-30, 13:20)wsnipex Wrote: you probably didn't do anything wrong, as there is no caching for network filesystems (e.g. SMB). There is a Pull Request for this on Git, but its still debated and not in the official builds. Right now you cannot do much, besides compile xbmc yourself with the patch included(or find a binary that has it - if any) or using an ethernet cable.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cachesize and advancedsettings.xml0