• 11(current)
[FORK] PseudoTV with LiveTV Channel Types
(2013-06-25, 15:26)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-06-25, 12:49)blazin912 Wrote: More issues, will dig into this myself, but if you have the knowledge to share, please do.

Channel Sharing:

HDHomerun working great.. other content? Failboat.

What it's doing:

Master Location - D:\Movies - Local Storage shared over network
Slave Location - Y:\Movies - Mapped drive to D: of master

PTV on Slave is trying to playing media from D:\Movies rather than Y:\Movies.

You have to use network shares... not direct links...
two tips to remember for networking that apply to XBMC which PTV uses and is bound by...

XBMC prefers IP's not hosts... use xxx.xxx.x.xx rather then "computer name"
all media should be on network shares, all folders and media should be scraped by network shares, all links should be to network shares...

so your setup should look like
master - 111.111.0.1\Movies
slave - 111.111.0.1\Movies

and xbmc should have a folder
Movies - 111.111.0.1\Movies (scraping this folder)

I would read http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Main_Page
all the info on how XBMC works is there

easy enough, I'll do that tonight. Master's already a static IP so should be a quick.
Just for posterity

This does work, but you need to do this order -

Close PTV
Master PC - Delete Cache
Shared Cache location - Delete Cache

Re-scrape all media with new IP address location
Open PTV on Master PC -- This will regenerate the cache (.m3u files) with your IP address
Close PTV on Master -- This will copy that cache into the shared area

Open PTV on slave and you should be good.
Lunatixz-- My mod for slave/master HDHomerun automagic is good to go. No issues over here with it.

Feel free to incorporate.
(2013-06-26, 02:28)blazin912 Wrote: Lunatixz-- My mod for slave/master HDHomerun automagic is good to go. No issues over here with it.

Can you explain the mod please?
(2013-06-26, 03:58)bry- Wrote:
(2013-06-26, 02:28)blazin912 Wrote: Lunatixz-- My mod for slave/master HDHomerun automagic is good to go. No issues over here with it.

Can you explain the mod please?

My mod is only necessary for HDHomeRun Dual devices (according to Lunatixz).

It adds the following procedure/functionality to the current fork:

GUI -

HDHomeRun Master/Slave sub-setting for shared channels

Python-

ChannelList.py - On generation of a live tv channel type, a search and replace is performed on the HDHomeRun tunner address string. If you've selected the Master, it will automatically direct the channel to Tuner 0. If you've selected the slave, it will direct the channel to Tuner 1.

How it works:

You will be able to watch 2 different channels on 2 different HTPCs at the same time, automatically with shared channel timing for other content. You will not be able to watch one channel and record another using this method. There is no automatic tuner release in PTV, so this work around ensures your two instances of PTV do not try to access the same tuner at the same time throw a fault and crash your PTV and essentially require a settings2.xml update to clean up the error and other steps to get all your stuff back in order.

This does not mean it's idiot proof, there is no tuner polling, there is no error trapping. If you assign two instances of PTV to Master or Slave, they will try to use the same tuner, and all the above fails will occur.

Future updates:

Add support for multiple HDHomeRun Duals
Add channel adding for HDHomeRun Duals to GUI
Add error trapping, tuner polling, tuner release.

One screen shot from new GUI option:
Would there be interest in the ability to build channels from HDHomeRun devices/channels available?

Looks like the development of that type of functionality is a cake-walk. I'm all for being able to build channels in XBMC rather than externally in an XML editor, but I'm not going to make it wide spread if nobody wants it.
(2013-06-26, 18:08)blazin912 Wrote: Would there be interest in the ability to build channels from HDHomeRun devices/channels available?

Looks like the development of that type of functionality is a cake-walk. I'm all for being able to build channels in XBMC rather than externally in an XML editor, but I'm not going to make it wide spread if nobody wants it.

If you could scrape the guide data from the hdhr that would be amazing.
(2013-06-26, 18:21)bry- Wrote:
(2013-06-26, 18:08)blazin912 Wrote: Would there be interest in the ability to build channels from HDHomeRun devices/channels available?

I didn't think there was guide data, just the channels themselves. Pulling XMLTV data is already done and works for me as is? Did I miss what you were asking for?
(2013-06-26, 19:15)blazin912 Wrote:
(2013-06-26, 18:21)bry- Wrote:

I didn't think there was guide data, just the channels themselves. Pulling XMLTV data is already done and works for me as is? Did I miss what you were asking for?

@bry This addon already has guide data for hd homerun. Jus need XMLTV file
@luna your addon stopped working. log shows an error connected to ftp
(2013-05-26, 02:36)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-05-26, 01:34)XvMMvX Wrote: Absolutely I would want EPG info with the HDHomerun streams; however, but there in lies the sync issue with the guide. I was hoping for sort of a stop gap measure of just populating the channel with the network name until you had a chance to work the sync issues out.

Sounds easier with your quick add functionality.

I am still waiting patiently for a full release. I am giddy to have a lineup that consist of my live locals from HDHomerun (with EPG) and my custom created channels.

This will then lead to me kicking UVerse to the curb!

EPG Sync issue is a pain! but I don't see what's causing it... PTV's m3u playlists look correct....

Found this myself, I'm looking into it. I think there is a very obvious answer for why MY EPG is all out of whack, if I fix it, I'll post it.
(2013-06-27, 13:03)blazin912 Wrote:
(2013-05-26, 02:36)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-05-26, 01:34)XvMMvX Wrote: Absolutely I would want EPG info with the HDHomerun streams; however, but there in lies the sync issue with the guide. I was hoping for sort of a stop gap measure of just populating the channel with the network name until you had a chance to work the sync issues out.

Sounds easier with your quick add functionality.

I am still waiting patiently for a full release. I am giddy to have a lineup that consist of my live locals from HDHomerun (with EPG) and my custom created channels.

This will then lead to me kicking UVerse to the curb!

EPG Sync issue is a pain! but I don't see what's causing it... PTV's m3u playlists look correct....

Found this myself, I'm looking into it. I think there is a very obvious answer for why MY EPG is all out of whack, if I fix it, I'll post it.

@blazin u running lunas beta? my ftp login isn't working, is yours?
(2013-06-27, 22:00)BadKarma Wrote:
(2013-06-27, 13:03)blazin912 Wrote:
(2013-05-26, 02:36)Lunatixz Wrote: EPG Sync issue is a pain! but I don't see what's causing it... PTV's m3u playlists look correct....

@blazin u running lunas beta? my ftp login isn't working, is yours?

No, I was running his latest that was posted in his signature + a mod of my own Wink
I believe I fixed my EPG issues.. but through a different method.

I've removed the functionality of time shifting in PTV.

What this means -

Currently you can scroll through every channel and every time and select any content to play at any time. My thought is this really does a number on true live tv and live streams as they cannot be played from the past or sometime in the future. Following along this process, one would have to assume the EPG does not care about this issue and still tries to shift accordingly. Boom, sync issue.

PTV is supposed to work like this:

Playlist of all local content with metadata lines up with EPG window
If at anytime you select content in the past or future, the EPG is updated along with the playlist pointer to shift the channel's programming schedule to match your selection.

This works for files, but for live streams? Impossible (at least in the future sense).

To eliminate this, I've wiped the whole function.

Rather than selecting a channel's content and skewing everything to match that new timeline, selecting content in the past or future on a specific channel merely selects the channel's currently playing content in time.

ie

You are watching channel 1 - 15 minutes into Friends
You open the guide, see How I met your mother coming on in 30 minutes on channel 2, but Family guy is now playing on that channel
You select HIMYM, channel changes and you're tuned into what is currently playing, Family Guy.

The EPG does not time shift, the channel becomes more like true cable tv programming, you're locked into what it's decided to display.

I enjoy this; however, this could be slightly modified to only shift the EPG if the channel is NOT live streams. I assume based on my original hypothesis that this will essentially shift the EPG for all channels other than those that cannot be shifted, and if you select a live stream channel in the past or future, it will ignore this and immediately display the "now" without an EPG shift.

If that function is desired, I can look into it. For now I am stopping, my wife and I pay cable now for the "programming" aspect, aka You will watch this now. We've had the ability to watch items on demand via OnDemand, Hulu, Youtube, HTPC, Amazon, etc, etc for years, yet we only find ourselves using that function 2-3 times a week to catch up on shows (easily done with XBMC elsewhere) and 2-3 times a month (in summer) to watch specific movies on demand.

Let me know your thoughts, I'm becoming somewhat of an expert in this add-on.
Perhaps set a timer or prompt to switch to the desired show/chan at the designated time?
(2013-06-28, 13:10)bry- Wrote: Perhaps set a timer or prompt to switch to the desired show/chan at the designated time?

Like a reminder function.. could be useful, I'll think about that one. Would require some serious work. Interface, settings, timers, etc. I don't see any reason that couldn't be implemented, but if I were to take that on, I would definitely want to wait til it was incorporated in a PVR type plugin for PTV.

So you could set reminders, recordings, etc.
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[FORK] PseudoTV with LiveTV Channel Types2