• 1(current)
[FORK] PseudoTV with LiveTV Channel Types
I've forked Jason's awesome PseudoTV addon on Github to add support for LiveTV channels based on XMLTV and a stream url for my hdhomerun prime. I have the basics working so far as it adds the LiveTV channels and will play the streams smoothly. I forked from the master branch so this will need to be reforked for Jason's Frodo Dev branch later.

You can see it here: https://github.com/robnewton/XBMC-PseudoTV

If you have the time to play around with it and provide feedback I'd appreciate it. There's a good bit left to do before the WAF is high enough to introduce it to the living room but already the channel changing features of PseudoTV are heads and tails over the TVGuide addon.

Backup your addon directory and settings before messing around. You've been warned.

Place a valid xmltv.xml file (named exactly that) in the same directory as the settings2.xml file. Use a small one as the XML code is very crappy and not optimized yet.

Here is an example settings2.xml file to get you started. Setting 1 is for the channel id from the corresponding xmltv file and setting 2 is the hdhomerun stream URL.

I've added a tool to the stream builder app for writing the settings2.xml. See http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=139070 get version 7.0

PHP Code:
PHP Code:
<
settings>
    <
setting id="Version" value="2.1.0" />
    <
setting id="LastResetTime" value="1348951472" />
    <
setting id="LastExitTime" value="1348951503" />
    <
setting id="Channel_1_type" value="1" />
    <
setting id="Channel_1_1" value="HBO" />
    <
setting id="Channel_1_changed" value="true" />
    <
setting id="Channel_1_time" value="265" />
    <
setting id="Channel_1_rulecount" value="0" />
    <
setting id="Channel_506_type" value="8" />
    <
setting id="Channel_506_1" value="I506.40932080.microsoft.com" />
    <
setting id="Channel_506_2" value="hdhomerun://1314D5C5-1/tuner1?channel=auto:72&program=1506" />
    <
setting id="Channel_506_changed" value="true" />
    <
setting id="Channel_506_time" value="899" />
    <
setting id="Channel_506_rulecount" value="0" />
    <
setting id="Channel_508_type" value="8" />
    <
setting id="Channel_508_1" value="I508.28456178.microsoft.com" />
    <
setting id="Channel_508_2" value="hdhomerun://1314D5C5-1/tuner1?channel=auto:72&program=1508" />
    <
setting id="Channel_508_changed" value="true" />
    <
setting id="Channel_508_time" value="899" />
    <
setting id="Channel_508_rulecount" value="0" />
    <
setting id="Channel_511_type" value="8" />
    <
setting id="Channel_511_1" value="I511.41175527.microsoft.com" />
    <
setting id="Channel_511_2" value="hdhomerun://1314D5C5-1/tuner1?channel=auto:71&program=1511" />
    <
setting id="Channel_511_changed" value="true" />
    <
setting id="Channel_511_time" value="899" />
    <
setting id="Channel_511_rulecount" value="0" />
    <
setting id="Channel_512_type" value="8" />
    <
setting id="Channel_512_1" value="I512.28455417.microsoft.com" />
    <
setting id="Channel_512_2" value="hdhomerun://1314D5C5-1/tuner1?channel=auto:71&program=1512" />
    <
setting id="Channel_512_changed" value="true" />
    <
setting id="Channel_512_time" value="1622" />
    <
setting id="Channel_512_rulecount" value="0" />
    <
setting id="Channel_554_type" value="8" />
    <
setting id="Channel_554_1" value="I554.183401995.microsoft.com" />
    <
setting id="Channel_554_2" value="hdhomerun://1314D5C5-1/tuner1?channel=auto:135&program=646" />
    <
setting id="Channel_554_changed" value="true" />
    <
setting id="Channel_554_time" value="899" />
    <
setting id="Channel_554_rulecount" value="0" />
</
settings
Integrating with XBMC through the JSON-RPC interface?

Try the JSON-RPC Browser

Morning Rob (?)

I'm trying to play with your script mod, and it is taking quite a bit of time to load the tv info... will let you know how it works.

I too have been searching for a better way to use my HDHomeRun Prime (with CableCard) in XBMC. THANK YOU for all your work on helping find new ways to integrate this.

I also saw your post on attempting to use the PVR Demo script this way, good luck on that front too!

--Phil
Minor bug fix committed. It seems that at least right now you may have to delete the m3u files to refresh.

Try the JSON-RPC Browser

(2012-09-30, 16:15)Yankee516 Wrote: Morning Rob (?)

I'm trying to play with your script mod, and it is taking quite a bit of time to load the tv info... will let you know how it works.

I too have been searching for a better way to use my HDHomeRun Prime (with CableCard) in XBMC. THANK YOU for all your work on helping find new ways to integrate this.

I also saw your post on attempting to use the PVR Demo script this way, good luck on that front too!

--Phil

You'll want to look at the logs. If the script fails it may just sit there loading for a long time. There was a bug I fixed this morning that would have caused that. So grab the latest, delete any m3u files in the script cache folder, then relaunch.

Try the JSON-RPC Browser

can this be used with internet streams? similar to livestream addon?
(2012-10-01, 14:01)bittihuduga Wrote: can this be used with internet streams? similar to livestream addon?

Well it works with XMLTV and anything that the VFS can play really. So if the stream is something XBMC will play and the EPG information is in XMLTV format, then that would work. Otherwise, no.

Try the JSON-RPC Browser

cant find the xmltv version for my channels. so No i guess
I would love to use this with my future hdhomerun prime. i'm currently paying 10 dollars a month per 3 cable boxes. and 1 dollar a month for 5 little basic cable boxes. and I think 1 of those hdhomerun primes combined this way with xbmc would be great. I'm always watching tv on my xtra screen on my computer anyway might as well watch tv with it. Big Grin

I hope by the time i get the money and buy my hdhomerun prime this will be more flushed out. keep up the good work! Big Grin
I've updated the stable-pre branch now too and it fixes the unicode issues and benefits from the enhancements for Frodo.

Check GitHub for the latest: https://github.com/robnewton/XBMC-Pseudo...stable-pre

Try the JSON-RPC Browser

(2012-10-07, 22:36)angrycamel Wrote: I've updated the stable-pre branch now too and it fixes the unicode issues and benefits from the enhancements for Frodo.

Check GitHub for the latest: https://github.com/robnewton/XBMC-Pseudo...stable-pre

Thanks a lot for all your work angrycamel Smile

Using latest Frodo nightly from today and the default Confluence skin, the PseudoTV Frodo fork has misaligned EPG when watching Live TV and also for the Channel Configurator:

Rob,

This is exactly what I want to do with my HD Home run. I just cant seem to get all the steps. I installed your fork of Psuedo TV... but then how do I create a channel showing the stream of say... NBC?

I also cannot get your stream creator to work either. Does nothing but throw errors and then sit there.

Edit: I got the program working but not sure how to load the strm files into channels on your Psuedo FORK with the guide data.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Edit:

Before I keep beating my head into wall trying to get this working here is what I am thinking this will do. A Psuedo TV line up like this:

Channel 1 - NBC - HDHomeRun
Channel 2 - CBS - HD HomeRun
Channel 3 - Drama - From my Content
Channel 4 - Comedy - From my Content

Simple but this is what I am want to do so I only have to look one play while watching TV. Is that even possible?
Does this allow you to put any internet rtmp/rtsp stream on any channel
Any help on my post above... it seems no matter what I do I cannot get it to detect any video files or streams.

I got the stream creator to work though.
Hi Rob, I'd love some input from you.

I've been playing with PseudoTV and MyLibrary, and trying to get non-scaper (generic) streams to play nice. It seems the issue is that PseudoTV cannot infer the durations of the streams, and MyLibrary doesn't provide that information either with generic folders. I'd like to contribute some code, but I haven't yet had time to dive into the sources. Sorry if this is the wrong thread, but I saw your post on the PseudoTV thread about getting generics to work. I think there are a few ways to attack this.

- Have MyLibrary manually archive generics as TV Shows, with <duration> information included.
- Write a .STRM parser for PseudoTV that will infer durations of streaming videos for it's directory channels (I'm not sure if this is possible?).
- For live streams (Ustream, Twit.tv, etc), have a PseudoTV channel configuration option of "Live stream," in which an arbitrarily long duration is set.

Any unseen hurdles that I'd run into?
So what is the deal on this fork... Would really like to accomplish my goal above!
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[FORK] PseudoTV with LiveTV Channel Types2