• 6(current)
[FORK] PseudoTV with LiveTV Channel Types
Here is a link contating jason102 latest PTV updates and frodo support for angrycamel's liveTV fork, also some new modifications. Link does not include Strm modifications... Currently only available to my alpha testers...
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ijjvkr6pv3g0b7...eudotv.rar

Need community feedback...

EPG xmltv sync issue, If you want this fixed; I need help tracking down the problem... Please use the link above and let me know:

1. How many livetv channels you have?
2. Is all EPG info off by the same amount of time?
3. How much is it off by, in minutes...

As for my internet stream mods... they are not included yet...
24/7 Channel type randomly stalls PTV on stream play... going to try something different!

Also I'm starting to question the need for PTV to load live streams from a source xml file (like TVTIME)... XBMC has added a lot of strm support and new protocols for handling them... Can you give me some examples of live feeds you can not convert to strm files?

If it turns out unnecessary, I might just create some special channel types for different types of strm content (ie. 24/7 type streams, and individual movie/tvshow strms)...

UPDATE!!
I've Been up all night playing around with different methods for internet streaming...
I figured out the problem with 24/7 channel types... I think i'm going to stop here! Don't see the point in adding anymore stream support since strm shortcuts take care of all the work...

Going to do some test make sure my changes are stable then release as is...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Will definitely test this out as soon as internet streams are included. So are you saying internet streams can be added from favorites? If so is this handled in the channel configuration? Also, have you changed anything with how the live channels are incorporated? I have a channel lineup that doesn't match what mc2xml gives guide data for and have to change almost every channel manually. Would there be any way to just use the xml files generated by other software(zap2xml)?
(2013-03-16, 16:10)spyder Wrote: Will definitely test this out as soon as internet streams are included. So are you saying internet streams can be added from favorites? If so is this handled in the channel configuration? Also, have you changed anything with how the live channels are incorporated? I have a channel lineup that doesn't match what mc2xml gives guide data for and have to change almost every channel manually. Would there be any way to just use the xml files generated by other software(zap2xml)?

Not sure I understand the question... PTV has never allowed direct from favorites channel configuration...
It's a playlist player! I think u r talking about the tvguide addon.

What I've added is a channel type that disables some ptv functions in favor of building a internet channel that streams live content ie. Giddyup network, etc...

I was also playing with the idea of building channels from a list of sources... ie. rss feeds... but I think I will drop this because a user can simply create their own strm shortcut to a feed...

As for configuring from channel manager for now its manual configuration. When I finalize build it will include easy setup.

Livetv sync issues won't be fix if users dont give me details... I dont experience the same problems users r reporting
(2013-03-16, 20:22)Lunatixz Wrote: Not sure I understand the question... PTV has never allowed direct from favorites channel configuration...
It's a playlist player! I think u r talking about the tvguide addon.
Yeah, I was hoping for 'Add new channel/ 24/7 Channel / Pick .strm file from favorites' type of config how it is in TV Guide.
BTW I know PTV just creates playlists and creates a schedule, I was asking if I was correct in thinking that since you said stream shortcuts(favorites?)were supported.
I will set up a few channels manually to see if I'm getting any timeshift errors.

BTW, thanks for your work on this, can't wait to see the final result.
Thumbs Up 
Excellent work! I am going to do some testing this even and maybe tomorrow.
Ok, so I tried adding live channels using angrycamels Stream Builder, finally got mc2xml recognize my channel ids and make an xml file with some guide info(modifying the channels virtual number). I followed all directions in the readme and get an overwrite of the settings2.xml, but when I open PTV, I get "Unable to find any channels. Please configure the addon." I then try a "Force channel reset on next start" but that doesn't help. Here is the contents of the settings2.xml file if it helps:

<settings>
<setting id="Version" value="2.1.0" />
<setting id="LastResetTime" value="1348973650" />
<setting id="LastExitTime" value="1348975256" />
<setting id="Channel_5_type" value="8" />
<setting id="Channel_5_1" value="" />
<setting id="Channel_5_2" value="hdhomerun://10302A13-0/tuner0?channel=auto:31&program=3" />
<setting id="Channel_5_changed" value="true" />
<setting id="Channel_5_time" value="1748" />
<setting id="Channel_5_rulecount" value="0" />
<setting id="Channel_4_type" value="8" />
<setting id="Channel_4_1" value="" />
<setting id="Channel_4_2" value="hdhomerun://10302A13-0/tuner0?channel=auto:36&program=3" />
<setting id="Channel_4_changed" value="true" />
<setting id="Channel_4_time" value="1748" />
<setting id="Channel_4_rulecount" value="0" />
<setting id="Channel_13_type" value="8" />
<setting id="Channel_13_1" value="" />
<setting id="Channel_13_2" value="hdhomerun://10302A13-0/tuner0?channel=auto:13&program=3" />
<setting id="Channel_13_changed" value="true" />
<setting id="Channel_13_time" value="1748" />
<setting id="Channel_13_rulecount" value="0" />
<setting id="Channel_11_type" value="8" />
<setting id="Channel_11_1" value="" />
<setting id="Channel_11_2" value="hdhomerun://10302A13-0/tuner0?channel=auto:13&program=4" />
<setting id="Channel_11_changed" value="true" />
<setting id="Channel_11_time" value="1748" />
<setting id="Channel_11_rulecount" value="0" />
<setting id="Channel_7_type" value="8" />
<setting id="Channel_7_1" value="" />
<setting id="Channel_7_2" value="hdhomerun://10302A13-0/tuner0?channel=auto:7&program=1" />
<setting id="Channel_7_changed" value="true" />
<setting id="Channel_7_time" value="1748" />
<setting id="Channel_7_rulecount" value="0" />
<setting id="Channel_9_type" value="8" />
<setting id="Channel_9_1" value="" />
<setting id="Channel_9_2" value="hdhomerun://10302A13-0/tuner0?channel=auto:9&program=1" />
<setting id="Channel_9_changed" value="true" />
<setting id="Channel_9_time" value="1748" />
<setting id="Channel_9_rulecount" value="0" />
<setting id="Channel_2_type" value="8" />
<setting id="Channel_2_1" value="" />
<setting id="Channel_2_2" value="hdhomerun://10302A13-0/tuner0?channel=auto:43&program=1" />
<setting id="Channel_2_changed" value="true" />
<setting id="Channel_2_time" value="1748" />
<setting id="Channel_2_rulecount" value="0" />
</settings>
@spyder r u using HD Dual or Prime? looks like your channels aren't configured correctly... I've never had much success with angrycamels channel tool... I manually configure the channels... I posted some examples a few months ago... If u r not sure have hd setup build strm files open them and use those values...
Below is a screen shot (still on Eden haven't moved to Frodo) of what the EPG looks like when I load Psuedo TV. It treats the current program on as start NOW instead of setting it to real time. In the screen show below the nascar and college basketball started at noon, not 12:08 or so when I took the screen shot. I am only working with these two channels right now to get them working properly, I have 5-6 more from my OTA antenna I would like to add eventually. Then I have to work on integrating my own content "channels".

Below is my settings 2 file. Ignore the channgels with the .1 on them. I haven't started working on them.

<settings>
<setting id="Version" value="2.1.0" />
<setting id="Channel_26_type" value="8" />
<setting id="Channel_26_1" value="I9.10667.tmsdatadirect.com" />
<setting id="Channel_26_2" value="hdhomerun://103484B7-0/tuner0?channel=auto:26&program=3" />
<setting id="Channel_26_changed" value="False" />
<setting id="Channel_26_time" value="78" />
<setting id="Channel_26_rulecount" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_26_rule_1_id" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_26_rule_1_opt_1" value="FOX" />
<setting id="Channel_13_type" value="8" />
<setting id="Channel_13_1" value="I13.10731.tmsdatadirect.com" />
<setting id="Channel_13_2" value="hdhomerun://103484B7-0/tuner0?channel=auto:13&program=3" />
<setting id="Channel_13_changed" value="False" />
<setting id="Channel_13_time" value="78" />
<setting id="Channel_13_rulecount" value="2" />
<setting id="Channel_13_rule_1_id" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_13_rule_1_opt_1" value="ABC" />
<setting id="Channel_13_rule_2_id" value="13" />
<setting id="Channel_13_rule_2_opt_1" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_11.1_type" value="8" />
<setting id="Channel_11.1_1" value="I11.10496.tmsdatadirect.com" />
<setting id="Channel_11.1_2" value="hdhomerun://103484B7-0/tuner0?channel=auto:11&program=3" />
<setting id="Channel_11.1_changed" value="true" />
<setting id="Channel_11.1_time" value="0" />
<setting id="Channel_11.1_rulecount" value="0" />
<setting id="Channel_39.1_type" value="8" />
<setting id="Channel_39.1_1" value="I5.10505.tmsdatadirect.com" />
<setting id="Channel_39.1_2" value="hdhomerun://103484B7-0/tuner0?channel=auto:38&program=3" />
<setting id="Channel_39.1_changed" value="true" />
<setting id="Channel_39.1_time" value="0" />
<setting id="Channel_39.1_rulecount" value="0" />
<setting id="Channel_49.1_type" value="8" />
<setting id="Channel_49.1_1" value="I7.43550.tmsdatadirect.com" />
<setting id="Channel_49.1_2" value="hdhomerun://103484B7-0/tuner0?channel=auto:32&program=3" />
<setting id="Channel_49.1_changed" value="true" />
<setting id="Channel_49.1_time" value="0" />
<setting id="Channel_49.1_rulecount" value="0" />
<setting id="Channel_2.1_type" value="8" />
<setting id="Channel_2.1_1" value="I12.10647.tmsdatadirect.com" />
<setting id="Channel_2.1_2" value="hdhomerun://103484B7-0/tuner0?channel=auto:35&program=3" />
<setting id="Channel_2.1_changed" value="true" />
<setting id="Channel_2.1_time" value="1748" />
<setting id="Channel_2.1_rulecount" value="0" />
<setting id="Channel_57.1_type" value="8" />
<setting id="Channel_57.1_1" value="I53.15703.tmsdatadirect.com" />
<setting id="Channel_57.1_2" value="hdhomerun://103484B7-0/tuner0?channel=auto:41&program=3" />
<setting id="Channel_57.1_changed" value="true" />
<setting id="Channel_57.1_time" value="1748" />
<setting id="Channel_57.1_rulecount" value="0" />
<setting id="Channel_13_SetResetTime" value="1363626624" />
<setting id="LastResetTime" value="1363540273" />
<setting id="LastExitTime" value="1363540312" />
</settings>

Excellent work so far Lunatixz, the add-on seems to run much more smoother since you started work. All I have to solve is the sync issue then I can begin integration on the test box with hopefully moving it to the living room soon.
@Lunatixz: I have a dual(single input), I will try your channel config. Did you manually input all this info, or did you edit something? I noticed 'zap2it.com' in your config, I prefer using zap2xml because the lineup matches my OTA antenna(mc2xml doesn't). Can I use part of my xml file to get channel config settings?
(2013-03-17, 20:16)spyder Wrote: @Lunatixz: I have a dual(single input), I will try your channel config. Did you manually input all this info, or did you edit something? I noticed 'zap2it.com' in your config, I prefer using zap2xml because the lineup matches my OTA antenna(mc2xml doesn't). Can I use part of my xml file to get channel config settings?

Easiest way to manual add hdhomerun channels to settings2.xml... copy and paste this:

<setting id="Channel_1_type" value="8" />
<setting id="Channel_1_1" value="I60159.labs.zap2it.com" />
<setting id="Channel_1_2" value="hdhomerun://XXXXXXXXX-0/tuner0?channel=qam256:399000000&program=2" />
<setting id="Channel_1_rulecount" value="2" />
<setting id="Channel_1_changed" value="False" />
<setting id="Channel_1_time" value="4734" />
<setting id="Channel_1_rule_1_id" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_1_rule_1_opt_1" value="NY1 Live" />
<setting id="Channel_1_rule_2_id" value="13" />
<setting id="Channel_1_rule_2_opt_1" value="1" />

change line 2 to your xmltv's channel ID
change line 3 open up strm created by hdhomerun and use one of the two lines...
change line 8 to what you want ptv to name your channel...

your set... now just repeat changing the X "channel_x_z" to the next channel number you want to use
Guys, could you help me with bumpers/adverts?

I have a source called Bumpers and it has the Bumpers in it.

It's sorted as

Bumpers/network name/network name.mp4

and in PseudoTV I have two channels.
One, a directory of the bumpers, and hidden.
And the original linked to it.

All the rules are set correctly and per directions in milks guide yet they do not work on the channels.
To test if it was a problem with the rules, I did the same thing to two other channels. I linked AMC and NBC and it worked.

So, can anyone give me a step by step guide on how to do bumpers?
Do you have to have a certain .nfo file or playlist for the networks?
Tons of info can be found in pseudotv thread... also google "xbmc milkman pseudotv"
Like I said, I already read Milk's guide. I got it to work though.
(2013-03-18, 17:49)AMediaConsumer Wrote: Like I said, I already read Milk's guide. I got it to work though.

what i'm trying to tell you is that this isn't the right thread for this question... you would get a better answer at the pseudotv thread...
Lunatixz,

Did you see my screen shot above? That is the last think I need to tweek.

Also just to make sure I installed yours correctly. I just copied your files into the main psuedotv folder?
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[FORK] PseudoTV with LiveTV Channel Types2