FLAC not scanning album artist
I just scanned my music collection, which I have ripped to FLAC, with XBMC Eden. I noticed that it seems to ignore the ALBUMARTIST tag which is present in all the files so I end up with artists such as "U2 & Bob Dylan" that have 1 song when it should be just "U2".

The wiki states that "XBMC reads the Album Artist tag in ID3, Ogg, APE and MP4 tags and uses it if available to assign an artist to the album (independently of the track's artist information)." While it doesn't explicitly mention FLAC, I glanced at the source and it looks like this should be true for FLAC as well.

Anyone else have this problem? Or know if this behaviour is normal for FLAC?
Got a fair collection of tagged Flac's here, haven't had that happen. I usually use mp3tag to tag them, and it pulls the albumartist ok.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
I used musicbrainz Picard to tag mine. It put Vorbis comments in them, which is the standard for FLAC, but I know that FLAC also supports ID3. Do you happen to know which type of tags mp3tag put in there?
I just re-tagged all of my music with Musicbrainz Picard and am seeing this issue as well. Did you ever find a workaround/solution?

EDIT: Found the answer in an older thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=106968

In Settings > Music, uncheck "include artists who appear only on compilations"

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FLAC not scanning album artist0