• 8(current)
New Aeon Nox crashing?
I too had these crashes many times, but I tried out the latest beta1 of XMBC with Nox 4.0 and since then I had no more crashes.

I hope it will not take too long until an official version of Frodo and I can understand if the developers put not as much energy in this version of Nox.

Since the Frodo Beta1 with Nox 4.0 now already works very well, apart from a few still missing addons, I'm looking forward to the release.

I think that the reasons for the crashes of this version will never be found.
(2012-11-27, 08:49)StinDaWg Wrote: I don't expect you to do anything, just keep an eye out if someone is able to pinpoint a fix. Wink

I quoted the fix which works for most users, you called me "disingenuous" for that.
That´s your way of saying "keep an eye out"?

Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
(2012-11-27, 13:45)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-11-27, 08:49)StinDaWg Wrote: I don't expect you to do anything, just keep an eye out if someone is able to pinpoint a fix. Wink

I quoted the fix which works for most users, you called me "disingenuous" for that.
The guy asked if there was a solution to all the freezes and you responded to disable next aired script, which doesn't fix the crashes for everyone. A solution would. Two people said that fixed it for them, how is that "fixed for most users"? I too thought it fixed it for me at first but it still ended up freezing after using xbmc for longer. Anyways at this point we are just arguing semantics. You seem to be offended and unwilling to accept the fact that 3.6 isn't working for some people, and I'm not sure why. Hopefully we have better luck with Frodo and 4.0.

(2012-11-30, 18:03)StinDaWg Wrote:
(2012-11-27, 13:45)phil65 Wrote:

The guy asked if there was a solution to all the freezes and you responded to disable next aired script, which doesn't fix the crashes for everyone. A solution would. Two people said that fixed it for them, how is that "fixed for most users"? I too thought it fixed it for me at first but it still ended up freezing after using xbmc for longer. Anyways at this point we are just arguing semantics. You seem to be offended and unwilling to accept the fact that 3.6 isn't working for some people, and I'm not sure why. Hopefully we have better luck with Frodo and 4.0.

it´s the other way round. you seem to be unwilling to accept that i cannot reproduce the error (+ all other guys here with skills, too)
which makes it impossible for me to track that down.
and I´m not offended, I´m just annoyed by people who only run around complaining without trying to fix it themselves.
i stated a lot of times that a bit of GIT knowledge would put you into a position to find the commit causing the instability. you obviously don´t want to.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Perhaps because of all the "me too" post (and I can tell you that as a dev they are so annoying) without any useful info.
Like already stated no one of the experienced "users" could replicate so this is just chasing ghosts.
If we could it would have been fixed already. Besides previous known lockups were caused by the movie set addon which had totally nothing to do with the skin but a problem in XBMC and the script so it could very well be that this was the same with next aired.

If you don't like it feel free to switch to another skin if that works for you.

Try Frodo because that works way better imo and nothing will be done with Eden anymore

You might think that we don't like users because of the way we respond but if that was so no one would have coded any of the skins/scripts in the first place.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-11-30, 18:28)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-11-30, 18:03)StinDaWg Wrote:
(2012-11-27, 13:45)phil65 Wrote: I quoted the fix which works for most users, you called me "disingenuous" for that.

it´s the other way round. you seem to be unwilling to accept that i cannot reproduce the error (+ all other guys here with skills, too)
which makes it impossible for me to track that down.
and I´m not offended, I´m just annoyed by people who only run around complaining without trying to fix it themselves.
i stated a lot of times that a bit of GIT knowledge would put you into a position to find the commit causing the instability. you obviously don´t want to.

I've done what I can. I've uploaded logs several times. That's about the scope of my programming ability. Doing anything with GIT is way over my head. Wish I could do more, but I can't. I'm not asking anything from anyone, I would just like to use Nox again, but I can't right now. It is what it is. I'll use MQ3 for now and try again when Frodo hits final.
I recently installed AEON NEON as well in Openelec Frodo beta 5, only to find out it freezes as well after using it for a short period of time. Not sure what the problem is.

My System Specs:

HP Microserver (dual core AMD 1.6 cpu )
Geforce GT520
HDMI video and audio output to receiver,
2GB ram.
AEON NOX v4.01
I've been using Nox 4.0 and Frodo for a couple weeks now and only got 1 crash. Don't know what it was from but since both Frodo and Nox and still both in Beta 1 crash in 2 weeks is much better than crashing every 15 minutes with Eden and 3.6. Seems whatever the problem was doesn't affect the new builds. I can finally use Nox as my default skin again!
I noticed after updating and downgrading to new and different versions of Openelec frodo beta. It seems to have fixed the crashing. I think it must have been the original way Nox v4.01 had to be installed in Openelec.
sounds good. reason enough to close this thread now.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Aeon Nox crashing?0