• 3(current)
New Aeon Nox crashing?
(2012-10-03, 15:14)phil65 Wrote: if someone who is getting those crashes has some experience with GIT it wouldn´t be too hard to track down which commit causes that. anyone?

Seems limited to Linux OS?
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
to track it down
1) clone our github repository
2) open that with smartGIT
3) switch to eden branch
4) go down the commit timeline and find the commit(s) causing that (branch --> check out...)
(2012-10-03, 17:10)Martijn Wrote:
(2012-10-03, 15:14)phil65 Wrote: if someone who is getting those crashes has some experience with GIT it wouldn´t be too hard to track down which commit causes that. anyone?

Seems limited to Linux OS?

no idea. i can´t recreate it on either windows, ubuntu and openelec eden/frodo.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
hi phil, you say your seeing no issues with openelec eden, can you try using aeon nox 3.6 on openelec 2.0 beta 7, i am getting consistent crashes when pressing the skip key on my remote for a movie with no chapter information, ive seen this also posted on the openelec forum too so its not just me, if you want logs of the crash see my earlier post in this thread.

thanks.
Not limited to Linux, I've seen it in Windows 7 x64.

My hardware is a Zotac ID80 box, which is an Intel D2700 CPU, I've got 2 gigs ram and an nVidia 520M video card. I believe the chipset is Intel NM10 or something, using ION build of OpenELEC as per their wiki but had the same issues with general build. I don't think it's an IR issue, but I could check just using my keyboard in XBMC
I'm on my phone right now so no debug log but another 'me too' post.

OpenELEC 2.0 beta 7 freezing on context menu is practically guaranteed. Less often its locking up during routine navigation and last night it would lock up while trying to play a TV episode.

Oddly, every time I rebooted and tried the same episode it would lock up, but when I tried a different episode-- which worked-- then went back to the troublesome episode it played without fault.
here´s a completely stripped down dialogcontextmenu.xml, overwrite the content of yours with that:
http://pastebin.com/N4RzYuam

does that work for you?
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
ok i think i got a solution, at least this works for me :-). basically i had a advancedsettings.xml file with the following specified:-

<advancedsettings>
<network>
<cachemembuffersize>30242880</cachemembuffersize>
</network>
<fanartheight>620</fanartheight>
<gui>
<algorithmdirtyregions>3</algorithmdirtyregions>
<nofliptimeout>0</nofliptimeout>
</gui>
<bginfoloadermaxthreads>2</bginfoloadermaxthreads>
</advancedsettings>

if i disable the advancedsettings.xml file by just changing the extension and then reboot i have no context menu issues. so i can only assume the issue is to do with either algorithmdirtyregions and/or bginfoloadermaxthreads.

just incase you cant remember where the file is located, for linux systems (such as openelec) it should be located in /storage/.xbmc/userdata/advancedsettings.xml

this is a user generated file so if it doesnt exist and your still getting issues with this then its not that.

one other thing make sure you reboot after renaming the file, otherwise the change wont take effect.

i hope this helps, oh yeah and incase your reading this phil65, i still got the issue with the skip/chapter issue even with this change, :-(
Please try the instructions in this post.
sorry guys, my bad, looks like that did not fix the issue, weird as it seemed to work between reboots and then suddenly stopped working, off to try big_noid's suggestion now...

edit - thanks for your post big_noid, that new defaults.xml seems to of cured it for me for the particular movies that i was having issues with, i need to spend a bit more time to really make sure as this issue seems to be intermittent, but on the face of it it looks like a fix, superb!!.

thanks again.
I don't have dirty regions enabled and I still get constant crashes navigating menus, same as others here. It just happens randomly but consistently every 5-10 minutes. Windows 8 x64. I've been using MQ3 for the past 3 days and I haven't gotten a single crash.
@StinDaWg: Could you try the instructions in this post.
(2012-10-04, 07:58)Big_Noid Wrote: @StinDaWg: Could you try the instructions in this post.

I'll give it a try. What exactly does this change?

Edit: OK, so I changed the file, went zipping around the menu as fast as I could no crashes for 5 minutes. Went to play a 1080i video, about 30 seconds in I hit the back button on the remote to go back to the show list, and everything froze but the audio kept playing. Had to reboot the pc ctrl-alt-delete wouldn't allow task manager to pop up to close xbmc. Didn't have debug on but it's obvious it didn't fix it.

This is a fix for freezing while opening dialogs and navigating. Obviously no skin can fix your hardware related problems.
I don't have any problems with Confluence or MQ3 as I said before I switched back to MQ3 for the past 3 days after the constant crashing with Nox and it's been rock solid stable so it's not on my end.

In the meantime could you please point me where I could download 3.5? I can't rollback because I already deleted it out of the packages folder trying to fix things before.
You can download that here. I remember your debug log now. That one was very different from the other reports of freezing, so that fix was not for your problem. This is a fix for when one of the last lines in the log is opening a dialog.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Aeon Nox crashing?0