XBMC 12 Frodo Crashes on startup when plex is installed.
Hi.
As the topic says. Every version of the builds of Frodo I have tried on 2 different ATV2's crashes directly upon pushing ok on XBMC in the XBMC menu. (iPhone OS 5.1.1) This does only happen when I have Plex installed on the same ATV2 as Frodo.
If I remove plex Frodo starts fine. I find this a little strange as XBMC 11.04 works side by side with Plex without any issues at all as far as I can see.
Don't know if this is related to Plex or to XBMC but here is the crashlog

Any help would be great on this matter.

// MoxZ
Looks like plex does not clean up after itself, there are three plex threads running doing god knows what. Nothing we can do about badly behaving atv2 plugins, specially with plex in it's name.
Wanting to report the same issue. I know it was stated that there is "nothing we can do about badly behaving atv2 plugins, specially with plex in it's name", but I would like to understand what was being done differently in 11.04 that doesn't work with any v12 nightly?

xbmc-20121011-a039355-master-atv2.deb

Thanks.

Crashlog:
http://pastebin.com/CLHV4jDd
about 1 million different things, you can diff the source code yourself if you want. I'm really too busy to chase down a 'plex' related issue.
(2012-09-30, 22:38)moxz Wrote: Hi.
As the topic says. Every version of the builds of Frodo I have tried on 2 different ATV2's crashes directly upon pushing ok on XBMC in the XBMC menu. (iPhone OS 5.1.1) This does only happen when I have Plex installed on the same ATV2 as Frodo.
If I remove plex Frodo starts fine. I find this a little strange as XBMC 11.04 works side by side with Plex without any issues at all as far as I can see.
Don't know if this is related to Plex or to XBMC but here is the crashlog

Any help would be great on this matter.

// MoxZ

Managed to find a new install that fixes the problem.

Plex 0.11.0b2

As with the last build, you'll have to install this manually using dpkg.

Change Log

Converted entire project to ARC (should help with memory)
Enable support for multipart video (beta)
No longer causes XBMC Frodo beta to crash
Remove analytics tracking
Remove checking for updated Plex versions
Improved logging
Remove unused code
Update version numbering format

Installation
This build works with both OS 4.x.x and up to 5.0.2. The latest iOS release has not been jailbroken yet so Plex cannot be installed (see here for latest jailbreak info.)

1. ssh into your Apple TV

ssh [email protected]

You can also use its IP address.

2. Run the following command and allow installation (if they aren't already installed)

apt-get update && apt-get install beigelist org.tomcool.smframework

2. Run the following command

wget --no-check-certificate https://github.com/downloads/thomashw/th...11.0b2.deb

3. Run the following command to install Plex on your Apple TV.

dpkg -i plex_atv_plugin-0.11.0b2.deb

4. Restart Apple TV

killall AppleTV

Once your Apple TV restarts, go into Plex -> Settings and make sure it reads 0.11.0b2. If so, it installed correctly!

@atomsk86

Thanks instructions to solve this issue - worked a treat.
Now I just figure out how to use plex, lol.
The ONLY reason I have installed it is to try and get Sky Go working on my ATV2.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 12 Frodo Crashes on startup when plex is installed.0