Adding SDP stream. Please help
So, I must be pretty dumb. I keep searching and reading about this, and it seems very possible. I have 2 cameras that support RTSP streaming (streams have .sdp extensions) (Vivotek 8332's in case anyone really cares). The set up is password protected in case that matters. I'd like to set it up so that I can eventually add an empty button on my remote, to link to one or both of the cameras, or a directory where the links lie. I'd like to do this without exiting XBMC if possible (in the past, I had a camera that would not stream unless I had an .htm added as a video file, and then I would open them in firefox or IE).

So, individual questions:

1. How to add a video/video stream with an .SDP extension (video is h.264, 1280x800, 30fps)?
2. How to add a use keyboard.xml to give one shortcut to each camera stream, or give a directory where I can select either camera stream
3. How to do this without exiting XBMC

Am I crazy?
Replying to myself here. I found this xbmc wiki article, http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Int...io_streams, which when followed got me closer. I now have 2 files, I'll call them 1.strm and 2.strm. Each has this in it:
Code:
rtsp://192.168.x.xx:xxx/live4.sdp
I then shared the folder they were in, called cameras, and added the folder as an SMB share.
I can now access the video streams in XBMC by selecting the file under the Videos tab (I even added pictures for the files)

I've been trying to understand the finesse in this article, http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Bui..._to_python, which gives details on making a function executable by buttons on the remote.

Next steps:
-Figure out which built in function will do what I want (ActivateWindow(VideoFiles,path_to_some_files) may work)
-Mapping this to a button should be easy

Confusion: What built in function will allow me to call a Video up, either in a Window or full screen, and then with some additional buttock click, allow me to close that window and return to the original video (For example: I am watching Moviex,mkv. I want to be able to hit a button on my remote and bring up 1.strm. I then want to hit either the same, or a different button, to close 1.strm and go back to Moviex.mkv.)
OK, This is just a running dialog now, but maybe this will help someone else if they are trying what I am tring.

I edited/added the keyboard/xml file. Into it, I added: (http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Keyboard.xml) and continuing with my example above

Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
      <a mod="ctrl,shift">PlayMedia(smb://ServerShareName/cameras/1/1.strm)</a>
    </keyboard>
  </global>
</keymap>

This location came from this:
Code:
<!-- ****************************************************** -->
      <!-- MS Media Center keyboard shortcuts sent by MCE remotes -->
      <!-- See http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb189249.aspx -->
      <p mod="ctrl,shift">Play</p>        <!-- Play -->
      <s mod="ctrl,shift">Stop</s>        <!-- Stop -->
      <p mod="ctrl">Pause</p>             <!-- Pause -->
      <f mod="ctrl,shift">FastForward</f> <!-- Fwd -->
      <b mod="ctrl,shift">Rewind</b>      <!-- Rew -->
      <f mod="ctrl">SkipNext</f>          <!-- Skip -->
      <b mod="ctrl">SkipPrevious</b>      <!-- Replay -->
      <d mod="ctrl">Info</d>              <!-- MCE Details -->
      <f10>VolumeUp</f10>                 <!-- MCE Vol up -->
      <f9>VolumeDown</f9>                 <!-- MCE Vol down -->
      <f8>Mute</f8>                       <!-- MCE mute -->
      <g mod="ctrl">OSD</g>               <!-- MCE Guide -->
      <m mod="ctrl">ActivateWindow(music)</m>    <!-- MCE My music -->
      <i mod="ctrl">ActivateWindow(pictures)</i> <!-- MCE My pictures -->
      <e mod="ctrl">ActivateWindow(video)</e>    <!-- MCE videos -->
      <m mod="ctrl,shift">PlayerControl(ShowVideoMenu)</m> <!-- MCE DVD menu -->
      <!-- MCE keypresses without an obvious use in XBMC -->
      <o mod="ctrl">Notification(MCEKeypress, Recorded TV, 3)</o>
      <t mod="ctrl">Notification(MCEKeypress, Live TV, 3)</t>
      <t mod="ctrl,shift">Notification(MCEKeypress, My TV, 3)</t>
      <a mod="ctrl">Notification(MCEKeypress, Radio, 3)</a>
      <u mod="ctrl">Notification(MCEKeypress, DVD subtitle, 3)</u>
      <a mod="ctrl,shift">Notification(MCEKeypress, DVD audio, 3)</a>
And in my case, I am using and unused DVD audio button at the bottom there.

I can now press the "DVD audio" button on my remote, and bring up that video stream file. I've tried it with the ",1" option, as noted here to try starting in a preview window: Built in Functions: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Lis..._Functions
Code:
PlayMedia(media[,isdir][,1],[playoffset=xx])
And it's instructions:
Code:
Plays the media. This can be a playlist, music, or video file, directory, plugin or an Url. The optional parameter ",isdir" can be used for playing a directory. ",1" will start a video in a preview window, instead of fullscreen. If media is a playlist, you can use playoffset=xx where xx is the position to start playback from.
Having tried it both with the ",1" option and without didn't seem to help me much. Again, my goal is to be able to click an additional button, and to go back to the previous video, resume, etc.

Any other ideas?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Adding SDP stream. Please help0