Acer Revo R3610 + XBMCbuntu Wrong Black Level
Has anyone else noticed that the black level coming out of the R3610 HDMI socket is too high?

I can't find anything online about it so I'm worried something odd is going on between the Revo and my TV.

I have to tweak the gamma setting down in the TV (which is a Sony Bravia KDL40EX603U) as well as set the black correction to "High", slightly decrease the brightness and increase the contrast. I then get a near enough acceptable black level but I think at the cost of overall dynamic range because the pictures are more contrasty than I would like.

This would be a usable workaround if only I wasn't also running my Bluray player into the same socket on the TV by routing both it and the Revo through my AV receiver to take advantage of HDMI audio.

This is my first time using Linux but I had a root around the XBMCbuntu desktop and in the NVIDIA card properties I can tweak the gamma and probably make the required changes. However, any changes I make don't appear to be saved or used when I boot back into XBMC.. Quite annoying really.

Any advice would be warmly received!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Acer Revo R3610 + XBMCbuntu Wrong Black Level0