PC / Mac networking help.
Hi,

This is my first post on this community ... I normally try to fix most issues myself but I'm currently stumped.

Here goes, I have a PC as my media server (custom built, running Win7) that contains all my content. I also have 2 mac mini's that have Kodi installed and are connected to TVs and used as my media hub. I currently have 3 shares folders on my PC that I mount on each Mac. If I don't mount the folders on the MAC then Kodi doesn't pick them up.

My question is whether there's a way to permanently add these folders paths to Kodi so that it can find the files regardless of whether they are mounted or not.

Any tips (other then any that require buying new hardware ... lol) would be appreciated.

Thanks.
When you go to add a new source to Kodi just select "Add network location" instead of choosing the share that Mac OS X has mounted

See http://kodi.wiki/view/Adding_video_sources
Install Kodi on iOS without a jailbreak: iOS App Signer — donations are gratefully accepted
The exact method for adding the sources can vary sometimes depending on the connection protocol and what version of OSX you have installed on the macs. I have my best luck if the server has a static ip and I add the sources via smb using the ip rather than the name.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
the server runs windows 7 - i think the used osx version doesn't matter in that case
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
It's very hard to explain TO_Kid, if you're a newbie in this question. Better read article how to fix Computer network there are a lot of tips and tricks how to create, support and fix problems with the home network. Sure it will be useful for you and after reading you'll know how to solve your problem. Good luck.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PC / Mac networking help.0