Isolating Deinterlace video Sources
Hi Hope this maybe of use to the team.....

I am running the latest XBMC PVR build with DVBlink add-on and have noted the following:

The setting for Deinterlace Video appears to be global for all video sources, be it movies or TV etc..
Can this be changed and made specific to the source as I require Deinterlacing on TV but Not movies etc?

Thanks
Mysticpete

HP N54L server with 6GB Memory and 10TB storage
Freenas server
HD Homerun twin HD network tuners (awesome)
2 x Pi 512 (B)
Why not set it to auto?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Auto usually works, however I have a couple of channels that xbmc struggle with for some reasons. Seems de'interlace is turned on/off during playback of these channels.
Just set deinterlace on for those channels without choosing "set default for all videos". XBMC remembers the specific settings for every channel.
(2012-10-01, 15:48)KRA77 Wrote: Auto usually works, however I have a couple of channels that xbmc struggle with for some reasons. Seems de'interlace is turned on/off during playback of these channels.

Yes this is what I am finding as I also have set to AUTO for all channels and movies but looks like this does not always work for every channel.

Thanks for your input all.
Freenas server
2 x Pi 512 (B)
(2012-10-01, 22:29)mikrohard Wrote: Just set deinterlace on for those channels without choosing "set default for all videos". XBMC remembers the specific settings for every channel.

Ah, thats nice, that would probably solve the problem.
That means that those streams do something like mbaff (sending interlaced and progressive frames in a mix). Just do what mikrohard said.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2012-10-01, 22:29)mikrohard Wrote: Just set deinterlace on for those channels without choosing "set default for all videos". XBMC remembers the specific settings for every channel.

OK I've been wrestling with this issue a while now and I can confirm that the current build I am using (and previous) the channel settings for de-interlace will NOT be saved permanently.

Can someone else confirm this please?

As a note I am using 4 x digital DVB-T tuners in my system.

Thanks in advance
Mysticpete
Freenas server
2 x Pi 512 (B)
works fine and has been working fine for a long time afaik. please pastebin a debug log
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
hmm that's strange, i have the opposite experience.
settings are saved/not saved randomly.
i have experienced this behaviour in eden and frodo, and it does not leave any traces in the xbmc log.

i am booting my xbmc clients from pxe over an nfs share and my tv and pvr database are in myql on my media server.
@dushmaniac

I was going to say the same as basco after using the nightlies for some weeks now, it's all very erratic at saving the settings for each media.
Freenas server
2 x Pi 512 (B)
debug logs please, with an indication when settings aren't saved
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
I'm also having the same issue (erratic saving of the settings)

Here is the debug log.

I played a channel and changed the audio track, then I played another channel and also changed the audio track. For the first channel, settings were saved but for the second they weren't.

Looking at the debug log:

The first channel:
Quote:17:05:25 T:1940 DEBUG: PVR - PVR::CPVRClients::SaveCurrentChannelSettings - persisting custom channel settings for channel 'Antena3 HD'

The second channel:
Quote:17:05:37 T:1940 DEBUG: PVR - PVR::CPVRClients::SaveCurrentChannelSettings - no custom channel settings for channel 'Boing'
A600, this message just states that settings of channel Boing do match default settings. In this case the db entry gets deleted because it the the same as default setting.
(2012-11-01, 16:07)FernetMenta Wrote: A600, this message just states that settings of channel Boing do match default settings. In this case the db entry gets deleted because it the the same as default setting.

That's the problem. I changed the settings of channel Boing so (for some reason) they weren't saved properly.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Isolating Deinterlace video Sources0