Win i3-3225 build for XBMC & Hyperspin
Currently using an eMachine ER1402 attached to a 1TB Ext HDD to run Windows 7 with XBMC and a few other programs such as Logitech Media Server, uTorrent etc with a Harmony 650.

Want to replace it with a dedicated system with more horsepower to run Hyperspin (possibly up to DC) alongside XBMC whilst. Then the eMachine can be moved to the bedroom and stream from the new box.

After reading numerous posts and blogs I've come up with the below build, so would appreciate you guys giving it a once over before I order:

[CPU] Intel i3-3225 £108.68
[COOLER] Scythe 2100 £35.32
[MB] Asus P8H77-M £71.72
[RAM] Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600Mhz @ 1.5v (2x 4Gb) £29.76
[CASE] Silverstone Grandia GD05B USB 3.0 £76.24
[PSU] Seasonic S12II-380 £52.78
[SSD] Samsung 830 64Gb inc Desktop kit £54.77
[HDD] Western Digital - Green - 3Tb £112.78
[OPT] LG 10x Blu-ray 16x DVD-RW CH10LS28 £45.58
TOTAL = £587.63

Is it the desktop SSD kit i need to fit the GD05B?

Any obvious changes I should make?

Thanks
Since the GD05 already has a 2.5" bay you don't need to get an SSD with the desktop kit. A bare SSD will fit. But, if it's the same price or cheaper there's no harm in it.

That's very similar to the system I'm looking to build. What I'm wondering is if you'll be able to suspend and resume the PC with a USB Remote (specifically a Harmony 880 remote using an eHome dongle).

I'm having a hard time finding an i3 3225 in Canada, I wonder why? Is it b/c they're relatively new or are they being phased out for something new?
All ordered, upgraded SSD to 128Gb to give a bit more breathing space and removed the desktop kit, thanks Dougie.

Currently using the remote with the eMachine and HP IR reciever, not tried suspend/resume.

i3 3225 is only just in stock at the supplier i'm using in the UK due to it being released in early September, I suspect this is similar to Canada.

Pics to follow after delivery tomorrow....
I got my i3-3225 the week it was released. If you are in Canada try here: http://www.directcanada.com/products/?sk...ture=INTEL
Built this last night and got Win7 onto it, boots so quickly.

I noticed the RAM was set to 1333Mhz in the BIOS rather than 1600Mhz, also listed its max speed as 1333Mhz. Am I ok to manually change it, don't want to fry it!

I'll get some pics up too...
I managed to answer my own question by enabling the XMP profile for the RAM in the BIOS.

Some pictures...

All set and parts checked

Case looking a little bare

PSU installed and about to try and decipher the Scyther cooler instructions (on the right)

Motherboard installed

Shortly after this was set up the internet went down so have been unable to progress too much, the few things I have done are:
* 5V mod to case fans
* Updated BIOS
* Changed RAM profile to XMP and SATA mode to AHCI
* Installed Win7 and tweaked the services/pagefile

Boots up in around 5-10 seconds and am now just awaiting an internet connection for updates, AV etc...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
i3-3225 build for XBMC & Hyperspin0