Remote of choice?
just dont get a 300 model of harmony.
their the cheapest but, your missing vital features like speed tweaks and stuff...

that why i got a harmony 600/650
Harmony 650 vs. another $60 remote... what do you guys go with?
Why don't you just use the pulseeight usb-cec adapter? Works with your existing tv remote Smile
(2012-10-03, 14:27)eskro Wrote: just dont get a 300 model of harmony.
their the cheapest but, your missing vital features like speed tweaks and stuff...

that why i got a harmony 600/650

The harmony 200 is still available for 15$ :-)
But as long as you can get the 600 for 40- 50$ that's a good choice to.
(2012-10-04, 09:45)sectune Wrote: Why don't you just use the pulseeight usb-cec adapter? Works with your existing tv remote Smile

Buy a harmony one, use it for a day and you will hate your self for not buying it sooner.
(2012-10-04, 14:45)RaggSokk3n Wrote:
(2012-10-04, 09:45)sectune Wrote: Why don't you just use the pulseeight usb-cec adapter? Works with your existing tv remote Smile

Buy a harmony one, use it for a day and you will hate your self for not buying it sooner.

I have a Harmony 600 at my parents house. The set up was a play with my nerves and I often have the problem of some devices not receiving the IR signal while executing f.e. a watch movie macro. Had then to always push the help button on the harmony and answer thousands of yes/no questions till it's fixed... The idea is nice but for my use too much fiddling around.
P.S: Harmony one + IR receiver < 60$? Even with Harmony 600 its really close. And for my part, even if the topic creator won't have the difficulties I had, I think a Harmony is just an overkill if you just want to control your htpc box...
I'm using this 4 in one mce remote. It has backlit buttons and can be programmed to control 3 other devices also.

http://shop.inteset.com/Products/10-inte...eiver.aspx
I have an HP IR, will that function with a Logitech Harmony?
(2012-10-08, 05:08)roach9 Wrote: I have an HP IR, will that function with a Logitech Harmony?

Yes! Just select Windows Media center remote in your harmony programm.
Using eventghost and hp ir receiver, you can use almost any remote control like dvd or blu-ray player remote to control xbmc. I have tried this with my sherwood bdp, panasonic tv remote, stb remote and they work great.
To be honest, I'm not a big fan of Logitech Harmony remotes, so I would be looking else. Glad to hear my HP IR is quite robust though.

Anymore suggestions?
I love my Boxee remote. Much like the Apple TV remote except has a keyboard on the underside. And RF to boot!
What is an RF?
(2012-10-08, 22:03)roach9 Wrote: What is an RF?

RF = Radio Frequency, as opposed to IR (Infra Red, a beam of light). The big advantage is that you don't have to point it at a receiver.
That's nice... what remotes have RF functionality? Do I need an RF receiver?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote of choice?0