XBMC and logitech harmony 700 help
Hi guys

just getting started with all this xbmc stuff and finding it a good learning curve lol
But now need to get my harmony remote working..

Anyone got the same remote and recommend the best USB ir receiver?
what version of xbmc are you running ?

windows,mac, linux, xbmcbuntu, openelec ?
Here is where I get my IR receivers and they've worked well for me:

http://www.used-pcs.com/store/pc/viewPrd...duct=48106

(the site sells used PCs however these receivers I've gotten from them were brand new)

Specifically they are the Phillips OVU4003/00 (philips is the OEM for the MCE remote receivers)

They work fine on windows and linux.
Check out this thread - HP IR Receiver Options

I have one of these HP IR receivers and it works well with my Harmony 650.
HTPC: Win 7 Home 64-bit | MB | CPU | GPU | RAM | Case | PSU | Tuner | HDDs: OS, Media | DVD Burner | Remote
Media server: unraid 4.7 | CPU | MB | RAM | Case | PSU | HDDs: Parity-2TB, Data-2x2TB
Cheers everyone

Im running my xbmc on windows 7 64bit im also in the uk so will have to source uk retailers
(2012-10-02, 02:58)gabbott Wrote: Here is where I get my IR receivers and they've worked well for me:

http://www.used-pcs.com/store/pc/viewPrd...duct=48106

(the site sells used PCs however these receivers I've gotten from them were brand new)

Specifically they are the Phillips OVU4003/00 (philips is the OEM for the MCE remote receivers)

They work fine on windows and linux.
Can you confirm this works as a full keyboard emulator? I'm assuming so, since it's the OEM MCE receiver, but if you have tested this it would help. I know the HP is recommended, and this is the first time I've seen anyone recommend anything else.

I use the receiver that comes in the Pcusa Vista Remote Control with IR Receiver Silver. Has full keyboard support and never ran into a issue

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC and logitech harmony 700 help0