function Handling illegal characters?
A question, does XBMC have a (skinner accessible) function to replace illegal characters when searching for a filepath? For Instance, i want to search for the folder which contains my AC/DC music files. My import/export utility and encoder uses a underscore to replace illegal characters when writing to a location... So instead of "\path\to\artists\folder\AC/DC" the exact folder is "\path\to\artists\folder\AC_DC"

is there some function i can pass the artists name to replace illegal characters?
something like

Code:
ReplaceIllegalCharacters("_")

or more specifically

Code:
ReplaceIllegalCharacter('/', '_')

that will return "AC_DC"?
XBMC does not, and will not support such skin hacks, because even with this change they still don't work in general.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2012-10-02, 03:13)jmarshall Wrote: XBMC does not, and will not support such skin hacks, because even with this change they still don't work in general.

well would you object to a script that can provide skinners with tools like this?
Personally, yes, I would object to it. I wouldn't care whether skinners want to include it, however, as that isn't up to me.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
function Handling illegal characters?0