Channel Manager
I can't quite get the Channel Manager to function properly. My settings look like this:

When I re-order channels in the manager they will get moved in the "TV Channels" list, until the next time I restart XBMC. Then the shows are all back in the same order as the backend. If I hide shows in the channel manager they do not get hidden in the "TV Channels" list. I can hide shows using the context menu of the "TV Channels" list, but there I can not move the channels to re-order them. When I enter a number to move the channel, a different channel moves. It is quite bizarre. When I quit XBMC and restart it anything I moved in that screen is also back in the default order.
I've had same problems.

The best solution I found was to sort your channels on the backend and make xbmc use backend channel numbers. Then reset database.
Maybe so, but I assume this needs to get sorted out to work properly. Otherwise it is useless.
I agree, but this is a xbmc issue I think, not plugin related ? I had the issue with 4TR plugin, when testing NPVR plugin I didn't even bother to try, just did my changes in the backend.
I do think it is a XBMC issue.
Still having the same issue with the IPTVSimple addon. Have the things moved forward since passing 2 years?
could you please create a new issue in our bug tracker at http://trac.xbmc.org
ok. Will provide steps to reproduce it on IPTVSimple then. Hope it will be sorted out
I just noticed today that hiding (unchecking "Active" in the manager) channels doesn't work either, they still appear in the channel list, even after a restart.
(2014-08-05, 16:25)xhaggi Wrote: could you please create a new issue in our bug tracker at http://trac.xbmc.org
Seems it was related to inaccessible network when xbmc starts (when system boots up, xbmc starts when wifi connection is not ready yet).
OpenELEC has option to delay xbmc starting while network is not ready - this solves the problem.
PS: maybe this just workaround, because such behavior in absence the network doesn't seems pretty well nevertheless..
I wonder who is responsible for this - xbmc or the addon?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Channel Manager0