Music and Video Genre Icons
We are in need of more genre icons for Metropolis. I am personally not very good (ok, very bad) with paint programs. Could use some help from those with these talents!

We need more genre icons for music and movies/tvshows. The lists at those links are kept up-to-date, but if you find a missing genre that we don't know about, obviously feel free to either post a comment there or make the icon yourself.

Existing Music Genre Icons we have are here. Movie Genre Icons are here.

General instructions for creating a new Genre Icon (from Amra):
  • Find an image you like and crop it to 250x500 pixels. I usually just do a google image search for "minimalist poster" or just "minimalist + [whatever you want]". If that doesn't work, then try the search terms "retro" or "art deco". Anyway, you get the idea.
  • Make two versions of poster as I did above. Use the Hill House font (freeware) at 28pt (white text with a 1 pixel black border) and then center the text 20 pixels up from the bottom. I also add a 2 pixel dark shadow to the text to make it stand out a little better.
  • Music icons: Save the image with title text in the media/musicgenres folder and the plain image (without the title text) in the media/musicgenres/NoLabels folder.
  • Movie icons: Save the image with title text in the media/moviegenres folder and the plain image (without the title text) in the media/moviegenres/NoLabels folder.

Detailed instructions and PSD Action to simplify the text work (from tuckbodi):
Reserved.
Reserved 2.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music and Video Genre Icons0