AMD Trinity CPU's Available
For HTPC use which new Trinity Chips does everyone like? I haven't found any listed mobos yet, so hopefully they get listed soon also, especially mITX boards. Here is a few links in Canada of Trinity pricing.

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/email/ca/em263...ail_em2634

http://www.memoryexpress.com/Brand/amd/APU2.Offer.aspx

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/ProductList...cket%20FM2
if i had to do a new htpc, the A6-5400K would be my choice!
Yeah that's most likely all Ill need if I decide to try out this build for another room. I'm completely happy with my G540 HTPC in living room so far, and you can't beat that build for price. I was mainly considering the AMD build just so that I can have it for another room to use and to compare with my intel build.
If the 65W A10-5700/A8-5500 aren't widely available I was thinking an underclocked A8-5600K might make for an interesting HTPC APU for mITX systems.
APU's rock... I love AMD... Smile
The new AMD apus are a total disappointment when compared to the Ivy Bridge Intel processors. I was hoping for much more bang for the buck with Trinity but it looks like Intel retains the bang for the buck crown.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
TigerDirect has the 65W A10-5700 and A8-5500.
(2012-10-03, 02:24)Livin Wrote: The new AMD apus are a total disappointment when compared to the Ivy Bridge Intel processors. I was hoping for much more bang for the buck with Trinity but it looks like Intel retains the bang for the buck crown.

Not true for HTPC use case scenario's.... Ivy Bridge just regained some GPU power compared to Trinity and it still leads with CPU power (as Intel already is doing since the start of x86 SoC's).

The HTPC bang-for-the-buck is something different than a desktop bang-for-the-buck scenario!

So the Intel SoC improved harder than Trinity but as SoC within a HTPC, the AMD platform would still be my choice (upgradeability, price of total system, performance, usefullness in HTPC, energy consumption, Noise)

(2012-10-03, 14:10)Robotica Wrote:
(2012-10-03, 02:24)Livin Wrote: The new AMD apus are a total disappointment when compared to the Ivy Bridge Intel processors. I was hoping for much more bang for the buck with Trinity but it looks like Intel retains the bang for the buck crown.

Not true for HTPC use case scenario's.... Ivy Bridge just regained some GPU power compared to Trinity and it still leads with CPU power (as Intel already is doing since the start of x86 SoC's).

The HTPC bang-for-the-buck is something different than a desktop bang-for-the-buck scenario!

So the Intel SoC improved harder than Trinity but as SoC within a HTPC, the AMD platform would still be my choice (upgradeability, price of total system, performance, usefullness in HTPC, energy consumption, Noise)

+1
+2
(2012-10-02, 21:56)eskro Wrote: if i had to do a new htpc, the A6-5400K would be my choice!

One left at Amazon AMD A6-5400K APU 3.6Ghz Processor AD540KOKHJBOX.

in stock at newegg
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as..._-19113282
I still can't find any mini itx motherboards listed anywhere, maybe companies are releasing those later own the road. Too bad because I can pick up the A^-5400k for $66.99 which is pretty damn good compared to what everyone else is selling for. But with no mITX mobo it really does me no good
(2012-10-03, 14:58)Palmer Wrote: I still can't find any mini itx motherboards listed anywhere, maybe companies are releasing those later own the road. Too bad because I can pick up the A^-5400k for $66.99 which is pretty damn good compared to what everyone else is selling for. But with no mITX mobo it really does me no good

I'm going to keep my eyes open for a mITX, since I'll be looking building another system using this cpu.
If I find one,..I'll post a link here.

(2012-10-03, 16:39)GortWillSaveUs Wrote:
(2012-10-03, 14:58)Palmer Wrote: I still can't find any mini itx motherboards listed anywhere, maybe companies are releasing those later own the road. Too bad because I can pick up the A^-5400k for $66.99 which is pretty damn good compared to what everyone else is selling for. But with no mITX mobo it really does me no good

I'm going to keep my eyes open for a mITX, since I'll be looking building another system using this cpu.
If I find one,..I'll post a link here.

Thanks, so far all the boards for fm2 seems reasonably priced, hope the mITX is decent. Will have to keep an eye out for price drops and sales on FM1 boards and cpu's also. They should be starting to clear out the stock.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AMD Trinity CPU's Available3