AMD Trinity CPU's Available
(2012-10-03, 16:39)GortWillSaveUs Wrote:
(2012-10-03, 14:58)Palmer Wrote: I still can't find any mini itx motherboards listed anywhere, maybe companies are releasing those later own the road. Too bad because I can pick up the A^-5400k for $66.99 which is pretty damn good compared to what everyone else is selling for. But with no mITX mobo it really does me no good

I'm going to keep my eyes open for a mITX, since I'll be looking building another system using this cpu.
If I find one,..I'll post a link here.

Normally, first mATX are released and only then mITX. So give it another 2-3 months before availability of mITX. Then the choices will most likely be:
Asrock: Cheap and nice featureset.
MSI: Low on energy consumption
Gigabyte: Good quality and best featureset.

Hopefully, Gigabyte and Asrock learned something from MSI regarding power consumption. And hopefully they all ditch some legacy ports.

Zotac, Sapphire, Jetway: Not my favourites.
(2012-10-04, 12:37)Robotica Wrote:
(2012-10-03, 16:39)GortWillSaveUs Wrote:
(2012-10-03, 14:58)Palmer Wrote: I still can't find any mini itx motherboards listed anywhere, maybe companies are releasing those later own the road. Too bad because I can pick up the A^-5400k for $66.99 which is pretty damn good compared to what everyone else is selling for. But with no mITX mobo it really does me no good

I'm going to keep my eyes open for a mITX, since I'll be looking building another system using this cpu.
If I find one,..I'll post a link here.

Normally, first mATX are released and only then mITX. So give it another 2-3 months before availability of mITX. Then the choices will most likely be:
Asrock: Cheap and nice featureset.
MSI: Low on energy consumption
Gigabyte: Good quality and best featureset.

Hopefully, Gigabyte and Asrock learned something from MSI regarding power consumption. And hopefully they all ditch some legacy ports.

Zotac, Sapphire, Jetway: Not my favourites.

2-3 months? what a horrible business model. That just made my decision easy then, intel again it is unless older AMD goes on sale.
If you want future proof, go i3 in a case with space for a lp card(h265 and/or 4k might have high demands).
The new APUs are great, but who really needs a htpc that runs battlefield 3 at 50fps? With that kind of power you got heat.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AMD Trinity CPU's Available3