Use Full XBMC as my remote control for XBMC?
I've been searching on line for about 20 minutes now and came up with nothing. This might be a silly newb question, but i've been fiddling around with XBMC for about a week now on just about any possible OS. I am currently running 4 XBMC systems (windows 7, Mac OS, xbmcubuntu, and Android). I've set up library syncing easily, but couldn't find a way to use XBMC on my laptop (and as of recently, my android) to navigate and control my TV system.

In other words, instead of using the remote and going through the options on the screen, I propose (or hope there is a way which i failed to find) a way to link all XBMC systems in a way that one can manipulate the other over LAN. For example, I would select my video addon/program/movie from my phone or laptop, and choose play to which system, with a default to hostname for tv.

If there is a way to do so, please instruct me or give me a link to a guide of some sort. It seems likely as XBMC allow control from external applications, as well as transmit all the host info the XBMC remote. So perhaps there is a plugin i require?
no not currently
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Damn, thought so due to the non-existing info on the subject. Thank you for your quick reply.
I know it's not exactly what you're looking for, but it seems like VNC or another remote desktop solution would accomplish this...
yeah, my thoughts exactly. I guess that's the only option i have for now.
If someone knows the answer to this ...

couldn't a addon be made to add a option to the context menu to play on other systems then send a json string string to that box to play it ?
Yes and there are many apps that do this too.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Use Full XBMC as my remote control for XBMC?0