Setup Wizard - First time startup guide / tutorial after the installation of XBMC?
Sounds like a sensible idea to me...
A better idea IMO would be for the install process to include adding your sources similar to how it's done when you first use Ember Media manager.

This was partly covered in this thread -

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=85476
Still I think something like a tour through all the important parts of XBMC would be nice for any first time users. This way you see where you can add/remove even more sources (if you already added some during installation), how to change your settings, where to get addons and install a new skin, how to call up the context menu and so on.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Hitcher Wrote:A better idea IMO would be for the install process to include adding your sources similar to how it's done when you first use Ember Media manager.

This was partly covered in this thread -

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=85476

Agree. A "Add your movie/series/music folder" during initial installation would do the trick.

Personally i dont recall having any problems at all when i started using XBMC but i can see that a lot of user struggles a bit with this. The best advise are, and have always been, RTFM.

---

XBMC: would you like to add media to XBMC now?

User: Yes

XBMC: Could you please show me where your movies/series/music are located

User: "..browsing to folders"

XBMC: Great, thx. Would you like me to fetch information about your media from the internet and add it to your library, depending on the size of your collection this could take a while?

User: Oh my, that would be nice

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Setup Wizard - First time startup guide / tutorial after the installation of XBMC?2