Solved Reboot loses Movies & TV Shows
Whenever I reboot XBMCbuntu 12 I lose my movies and tv shows. I must rescan in order to get them back. All my files are located on a FreeNAS system within a gigabit network, but I don't have the same issue with Music. I don't normally keep my keyboard hooked-up to this system, so it becomes quite a problem. Any advice?

I should mention I'm using a SSD drive for the OS, but that shouldn't matter.
Make sure your FreeNAS shared is accessible and available before XBMC starts, especially if you have XBMC set to perform a library update at startup and doubly important if you also do a clean library on library update.
Thanks for your response, I'll dig a little more.

I have freenas mount at boot, but perhaps it's taking longer to mount than expected. I turned off library update on startup, but happens anyway. Is there a way to prioritize mounting external drives in fstab? Would it also be better to use the file manager for mounting instead of an auto mount to a folder on start-up?
I was able to fix the issue by removing my auto mount links and adding new one's through the file manager interface. Works with start-up search too.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Reboot loses Movies & TV Shows0