Win XBMC Sub addon - Error: Cannot extract subtitles
Hello all,

A couple of months ago I used to work with my XBMC PC and an External HDD to put the movies on.
This in combination with the subtitle tool it worked like a charm.

However since my external HDD was running out of space at a certain point, I decided to build a data server. (simple PC with 3 internal HDD's and running Windows 7 x64.)
I added the network locations, gave write/reading rights to ''everyone'' and that also worked fine.

The only thing that is not working anymore is the subtitle addon from XBMC>
Once I use the addon, and when I want to download one of the many subtitles. it downloads, but then it says: ''Error with extracting subtitles'' (in Dutch: ''Fout bij uitpakken ondertitels'')

I am very sure I gave ''everyone'' all the rights for full control! so I doubt its a lack of writing rights in Windows.
Does anyone has any idea what to do?
Debug Log
Thumbs Up 
Hello everyone,

I solved it lol. This is how:

I did everything I could find on the web, checked network locations, checked if I have writing access, tried even local files, etc etc etc etc.
Funny thing was, just for testing I discovered local movie file wasn't working either, so it was completly something else then having no writing access on my data server.
After weeks of struggling I discovered it was because my standard subtitle source was being put on podnapsi, and when I changed this to open subtitles it worked all perfectly again Big Grin

So again a perfect example of looking further then was required Tongue

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Sub addon - Error: Cannot extract subtitles0