Low res posters/fan art on movies, TV series and music
Bug 
Hi there.

I'm running Raspbmc RC5 on my Raspberry Pi and I'm experiencing low res posters and fan art on the 12.0 alpha 6 (and nightlies for about 2 weeks time at least).
I've heard this from people running OpenELEC and Xbian too, so it's pretty sure to be some kind of a bug in XBMC.

The menus might load a bit faster with the low res posters and fan art but it looks horrible when you are running a 1080p resolution on the TV.

Is there any plans for a fix, or has no one raised this as an issue?
I didn't seem to be able to find a topic about it in this forum, at least not concerning the Raspberry Pi. As I don't use XBMC on any other platform I don't know if this is a well known issue known by the XBMC developers.
A better solution for that is now in master.
So does that mean it will be in the next nightly, or was it already implemented before I asked?
Yh +1
although i want to know with openelec not raspbmc Smile
(2012-10-03, 23:13)renesdk Wrote: So does that mean it will be in the next nightly, or was it already implemented before I asked?

To test the latest and greatest http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1205824 :-)
greetings, Stephan

Btw: You will have to delete the thumbs/fanarts and update your library.
(2012-10-04, 05:55)sraue Wrote:
(2012-10-03, 23:13)renesdk Wrote: So does that mean it will be in the next nightly, or was it already implemented before I asked?

To test the latest and greatest http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1205824 :-)

Thanks, but no thanks.

As I'm a tester on the Raspbmc platform I see no reason to start using OpenELEC, but instead work on trying to get stuff fixed on the Raspbmc platform via the XBMC platform.
If things get fixed on the OpenElec platform in the same go, good for you then Smile

Raspbmc is poor. One minute with OpenElec and i no more use Raspbmc RC5.

(2012-10-04, 11:50)renesdk Wrote:
(2012-10-04, 05:55)sraue Wrote:

Thanks, but no thanks.

As I'm a tester on the Raspbmc platform I see no reason to start using OpenELEC, but instead work on trying to get stuff fixed on the Raspbmc platform via the XBMC platform.
If things get fixed on the OpenElec platform in the same go, good for you then Smile

the reason for testing with OpenELEC is because OpenELEC updates the XBMC builds more often actually then Raspbmc. To see if anything is fixed in master you should build XBMC for Raspbmc byself or - the faster solution - try with OpenELEC.

(2012-10-04, 13:24)rbej Wrote: Raspbmc is poor. One minute with OpenElec and i no more use Raspbmc RC5.

even if this is possible true (Wink) dont start a distro war here :-)
greetings, Stephan

No war, no offense but true is only one Wink

I'm not interested in starting a distribution war either.

I'm sticking with Raspbmc.
As a dedicated tester I'm more concerned in helping to solve the issues at hand on the distribution I'm actually testing, than jumping around from distribution to distribution to see what works where.
Don't start a distro war if you haven't got the commitment to win it :-)
Yes sraue we have had enough distro wars already havent we Big Grin
(2012-10-04, 20:05)Sam.Nazarko Wrote: Don't start a distro war if you haven't got the commitment to win it :-)

you can't be serious... you didnt win it but yet u started it
closing for now.
greetings, Stephan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Low res posters/fan art on movies, TV series and music0