"Now Playing" info overlay keeps popping up
Hello. I wonder if anyone can help with a problem I'm having with video playback on XBMC (Windows). When watching videos, the "Now Playing" overlay (with info, thumbnail and controls - the one which pops up when you move the mouse) keeps popping up every minute.

Does anyone know how I might have turned this on and how I might switch it off? I think my cat may have pressed a keyboard hotkey or something.
Perhaps you have mouse mode set to 'on' in settings... and you know mice with cats around Smile
I have this problem with rc2 and it's quite annoying. It seems something is triggering the mouse move event but i cannot figure out what.
(2013-01-01, 20:54)Reptilian Wrote: I have this problem with rc2 and it's quite annoying. It seems something is triggering the mouse move event but i cannot figure out what.

Wireless mouse/keyboard, game controller, remote control, etc.? First, try disabling mouse support in XBMC (System/Settings > System > Input devices). If that doesn't work, try removing all USB receivers (IR, RF, BT) from system and temporarily use a wired keyboard for XBMC navigation. See if problem persists. If it doesn't, add back your USB receiver(s), one at a time, until you've identified the offending device.
(2013-01-02, 00:16)artrafael Wrote:
(2013-01-01, 20:54)Reptilian Wrote: I have this problem with rc2 and it's quite annoying. It seems something is triggering the mouse move event but i cannot figure out what.

Wireless mouse/keyboard, game controller, remote control, etc.? First, try disabling mouse support in XBMC (System/Settings > System > Input devices). If that doesn't work, try removing all USB receivers (IR, RF, BT) from system and temporarily use a wired keyboard for XBMC navigation. See if problem persists. If it doesn't, add back your USB receiver(s), one at a time, until you've identified the offending device.

iPhone or Android remote app, or media center remote could also be used, in place of the wired keyboard.

Hmm, I wasn't having this issue until after I read this thread.

There was one change I made between not having this issue and when it popped up.

I changed the audio output on my HTPC from the analog "front outputs" to the optical output, I also installed an Asus utility to enable the optical output, or rather control it, and changed the audio output settings within XBMC, from analog 2.0 (I was wondering why the sound wasn't as good as I thought it should have been lol), to the optical output set to 5.1. After that the now playing info randomly pops up.

I haven't had time to try and trouble shoot yet, but plan to tonight after I'm done work.

I'll post any of my findings if I come up with something definitive.
Yesterday morning after posting my previous post, I attempted to place my HTPC unit into hibernate using the XBMC official remote. It would go into hibernating but then about 10 seconds later power back up. Once it didn't even fully power down before waking again. So I just shut the system down and decided to deal with it after work.

Well, I started the system, and haven't had an issue since, so now playing info pop-up, no weird power down issues, just working the way it should, so I haven't been able to perform any troubleshooting on the info pop-up issue.

I've watched several movies since, or rather several movies have played since, without issue.
Hi everyone!
Exist some possibility to modify the time that menu Now playing remain on screen?, I mean, I would like when I move the mouse off the screen this menu go away fast instantly, that seconds that this menu remain I lost a lot of subtitles. I don't know maybe modifying some .inf or another system file?
Right mouse or backspace key does it for me. This may be skin dependant, and changing the time-out of this would be a skin function, check the skins forum or look at Skinning Manual (wiki)
FYI I was having this issue too. I MAY have found a solution !

I went into "mouse" in Control Panel in Win 7 Click on "Advanced" tab at top, then click on "Advanced" button at the bottom.

Towards the bottom of the Advanced Window, in "Touch Pad Settings" remove all the checkmarks ! Then click on "Apply" at the bottom Right.

I did this about an hour ago and now no more controls popping up..........unless I really move my mouse.

Also, one side note, I also removed the "Alps" pointing device software at one point. relying on the MS built in drivers for that. It stopped the pop ups fpr a few minutes, but then they returned. I did not reinstall them, so I'm not clear if that may be part of the solution.

Hope that helps someone out there.............................

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Now Playing" info overlay keeps popping up0