Windows 7 and original Xbox with XBMC in Homegroup
Is there an answer to this...
Previous config - XP 3p3 in Domain environment to Original Xbox with XBMC
No problem connecting to SMB shares to stream from a Drobo attached via USB to Server 2003

New Config.
NO domain - just MSHOME homegroup
Dorbo now attached to Win 7 Enterprise.

Result.
From Win 7 can FTP to xbox
From Original Xbox running XBMC Can see the Home group and Win 7 Computer but keeps asking for username and password even though it is correct.

QUESTION.
How do I enable the original Xbox running XBMC to access my usb drive attached to my Win7 Enterprise box in a Homegroup enviornment. ie get passe this username and password block
(I suspect a rights ror permissions / security issue but have been unable to ascertain whether this is even theortcally possible)

Thanks
Ian
Dump the Homegroup, it overrides share permissions and generally f***s things up.
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
So it is possible?
If I do this will it work - is there anything else I need to do - best practice?
I have removed myself from the homegroup but still no go. Now show a default "workgroup" = MSHOME.
Thoughts
After you leave the homegroup you can set up shares tha same way you would in XP, right click the folder you want to share go to properties/sharing and make a share, just make sure you also go to security and give users access there as well
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
ok - Tried that and no go
Has anyone actually achived this with win7 Enterprise or Ultimate 64?
Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows 7 and original Xbox with XBMC in Homegroup0