• 2(current)
Release ATv Style Skin >> SiO2 <<
...weather from Home...

screen

sorry I'm not as organized as to have a to do list etc etc..
..just posting wathever i'm doin....

Smile

f/backs 'r' welcome
Image Image
Did I Help? Add to my reputation
weather from home looks great.
Small suggestion- slightly widen the frames. Right now, the weather graphics looked clipped/cramped.

My .02
(2012-10-08, 10:25)fastcolors Wrote: some progress:

OSD

There's a thing i don't really like in the pecinko's Quartz, not here. Is there a reason you hiding /video/audio/subtitles buttons under setting button? Well, my OSD usage pattern is that i never use Play/Pause/Stop/FF/Rev (i have remote buttons for this), but i use a lot subtitle and audio buttons to download subs or to switch audio stream. So on your OSD to navigate there i have to add one more OK click and change direction of the scrolling with direction buttons. It's aganist ergonomics Smile
@adrian, They do have a little room when watched @1920x1080.
but since the screens are taken from my mac... te ratio is 16:10 instead of 16:9 .. and since frame is strechy and weather icons are keepy the claustrophobic issue happens....

do you think i should make icon stretchy too? I hate whe the moon is oval though.. ahahhaha.

@relyter > I didn't really think about it since I have setting on my harmony remote where I have subtitles switch & the call for the menu from the remote, so I just included the basics. But since LESS CLICKS is my policy. give me 1 hour and i'll post the new OSD.
Wink

Image Image
@relyter: how about i make the selection for the submenu this way:

MAKE OSD APPEAR > UP > UP > SUBEMU OPENS AND SELECTIONS SCROLLS UPWARD. (default selected SUBTITLES)

would it be good?

this way you would have less clicks than:

MAKE OSD APPEAR > RIGHT > RIGHT > RIGHT > RIGHT > SUBTITLES

what do you think?
..or I could even avoid the Settings icon and make UP open the submenu window....

any thoughts?
Image Image
I like the idea very much if i understand it correctly. It's more or less like on reFocus skin i beleive. You bring up OSD. Left/Right navigate you thru Play/Pause/Stop/FF/Rev, Up takes you to straight to the menu similar to the one currently hiding under "settings" icon.

upd. The only thing is that when you have horizontal OSD menu clicking up/down is kinda unobvious move. So presence of the additional menu has to be clearly presented to user.
that's the idea..
..I'm gonna try and have a clear hint of what UP does graphically put on the OSD
I'm also trying to have a single Settings page for skin & system to skip 1 click

just hard to give universal priority to settings... (meaning ordering the list...)
Image Image
OSD PULL UP let's see...

What y'all think?

..you'll notice the mammoths are amazed too...
Image Image
re: stretched icons - NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NEVER NEVER EVER!!!!!!!!

button functionality: the way it was originally designed, pressing 'M' brings up the menu with pause highlighted. Granted most of us already have play, pause, chapter skip, etc coded to a remote. BUT, what if we don't have a remote. Think touchscreen for a tablet. Then those controls are actually needed. Personally, one of my goals is to eventually have this skin touchscreen friendly.
Also, as it is now, pressing 'M' brings up the menu. Press up 1 time and the focus jumps to the gear.

So how bout this for a compromise, rather than adding another little control at the bottom, have the interface default to the settings icon when 'M" is pressed?
That way it goes 'M', Enter and you're in settings.

Also, by adding the thin pull up at the bottom, it introduces another problem- Overscan possibly hiding the control. For example, on my plasma, I have it set to dot for dot so that I get a true 1920x1080 picture from the PC. But, I also have the pixel orbiter on so that every few seconds, the pixels shift. Potentially, if the control is too thin and the orbiter is in just the right position, I couldn't see the control at all.
Another example, under Win 7, the little show desktop button on the lower right, sometimes I can barely see it.

And................ Let's not forget, cramming controls right into the edge of the screen isn't something that's really Apple-esque. Apple tends to have their controls more centered, far away from the edges so the end-user can easily see/use them. The mods I've made so far enforce this byway of a 'safe-zone'. I won't put any controls or important graphical info within the 30 pixel safe-zone. Just for the reasons I stated previously.

or maybe I'm just nuts? That's the thing with desinging GUIs, it's all subjective Tongue
I like the arrow since it clearly suggest what to do. I don't like size (it's way to small, if you would not put huge pointing arrows, i not sure if i found it Smile) and i don't like the position (it's more logical to see it next to all other controls). And i really curious what other thinks.

Yeah, above point about overscan is pretty good.

Just an ugly draft http://sdrv.ms/SS3zRD Upper border of the pullup window above controls should be more visible for sure. Probably playing with transparency and shadows you could create illusion that this pullup is hided behind play controls.
ahah I knew you wasn't gonna go for the stretched icons ahahahha. I agree 100%.

I don't know about controls on the edge and Apple-esque... I mean iphone Notification center slides down from nowhere !!! if you don't know it's there you wouldn't find it!!

Overscan is a good point.

I don't like the arrow on the bar because i've set it to have a sliding animation pulling up which i like and will try to keep.

I'll probably just make the focus happen even if you try to reach to the arrow (meaning you'll try to go down...)

..last issue. Touchscreen.. mmmmmmm. I don't have XBMC on my ipad... and not planning to... so... we'll see, but touchscreen friendly is not my top priority right now. plus the icon is clickable setting the focus, so shouldn't be an issue if i make it sligtly bigger.
Image Image
apple weather...

..with new iconset for the top part.

still W.I.Progress...

Image Image
me likey very much

wait a sec... what new icon set?!?!?!?!?!?
For the top part.. it's not gonna be universal since the icons are differently sized. (just like apple weather widget).. I'm still in the process but will post a few asap..

bythe way is there a location or a way to cycle icons for testing? (kinda like "nowhere" in ios..)
Image Image
]FOGGY

HAILSTORM

Image Image
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATv Style Skin >> SiO2 <<19