Update artwork/library AND clean library on startup
Is it possible to have XBMC update the library and artwork when it starts up? Moreover, is it possible to have it clean the library (which will remove videos gone on my NAS)?

Also, unrelated, I'm having issues with MPC-HC reopening immediately upon close: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=141947

Thanks,
JOe K.
Frodo Win 8 Pro x64
Fractal Design Node 605 (looks amazing)
i5 3570K, Asus P8Z77V LK
2x80GB Intel 320 SSD, 4TB NAS
GTX 670x2 SLI, 16GB GSkill Ares
Onkyo RC360 with Paradigm piece-by-piece 5.1 build
Nyxboard and AHK full controlled via XBox Controller
Q1 - Possible to have XBMC update the library at Start Up? Yes, not sure based on what skin you have, but I am using Backrow. To get there it is System > Videos and then look for "Update library on startup" option. check the bubble to the right. Then exit out, even to your desktop. Now launch XBMC again and you will see the updater doing it's job in the corner of the screen. If you do not want to see the updating process, go back to the same area and look just below the startup option and find "Hide progress of library updates" and fill in the bubble. So it will update, but you will not see the progress bar at start up.

Q2 - Artwork? If you mean the movie artwork XBMC does that auto. But let's say you delete an artwork because you want to replace it, this leads to your 3rd question. I typically "Clean" my library anytime I do a change because I do not want any leftovers screwing it up. So I delete my old change (movie, artwork, fanart, etc.), run the "Clean library", exit XBMC, then add my new change like a new movie or artwork and then launch it and XBMC just updates itself with the "new" changes.

Q3 - I have not been able to find this feature, (cleaning the library if a movie I had that I got rid of) at startup. As mentioned in Q2, I do it all manually, seems to have the least amount of head aches at least for me using XBMC over these years.

Q4 - I don't know this, but I am sure someone here can help on this.

I hope this solves some of your questions. :-)
Thanks very much. Come to thing of it, Q1 does it's thing. I just had to manually do it yesterday. Maybe I didn't give it enough time.

The cleaning of the library would be nice to automate on startup. Like a clean then update.

I did get a response on Q4 just don't know how it works.

If anyone knows about the auto-clean feel free to chime in Smile
Frodo Win 8 Pro x64
i5 3570K, Asus P8Z77V LK
(2012-10-04, 17:37)tjcinnamon Wrote: If anyone knows about the auto-clean feel free to chime in Smile

Sure! It can be done. It's a setting for advancedsettings.xml....

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Use...library.3E

Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
Excellent! Thanks for the reply.

The comments say: default set to false to prevent xbmc from removing items from the database while updating

Are the "library update on startup" and the "cleanonupdate" concurrent or queued. Meaning, do they run concurrently or does one run and then the other?
Frodo Win 8 Pro x64
i5 3570K, Asus P8Z77V LK
That I'm not sure about... It sounds like they run concurrently (while updating).
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
hmm. Not sure if I want to do that. Do you use it?
Frodo Win 8 Pro x64
i5 3570K, Asus P8Z77V LK
No i don't. I don't regularly delete files from the media store, so I only manually clean every once in a while. Usually when I'm going from an SD to an HD file. It seems like the music library behaves like this without setting anything (updates and cleans), and I've never had any problems with it.
@tjcinnamon

I just found an add on that might do what you want xbmc to do. The add is called "XBMC Library Auto Updater". Once installed you should then go to the "Programs" icon on the main page, click the "Program Add-On" and then you will see it. Right mouse on it, select add on seetings and you can set up XBMC to look for updates and clean your library at start up or schedule it

4 headers

General
Video
Music
Cleaning

General - in here I set mine to 0 under the Startup Delay and so when I launch XBMC it updates and then cleans

Video - Here is where you set up the library to be cleaned and the intervals like every 4 hours while XBMC is on. You can also set the pathway to the folders of your movies to clean, but the add on seems to already know your movie pathways from your "Video" area. At least for me that's what it has done. So I used one of the pathways for my T.V. shows since there is no entry for that particular library; only music and movies are listed. So I just added T.V. shows since my t.v. library is separate.

Music - If you have a library then that's that section

Cleaning - Turn on the "Cleaning Libraries" and when you launch XBMC it will clean your libraries of removed movies and shows. I ran a test, I removed Prometheus and it no longer is listed in my XBMC library. I added it back and the scan picked up and it is back in to my library.

So this add on might be the one you want. I hope that works for you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Update artwork/library AND clean library on startup0