Not starting up in fullscreen
Hi

I have a Windows 7 XBMC HTPC.
with an AMD Fusion A6-3500
Connected to 5.1 Yamaha reciever with HDMI and connect from reciever to TV with HDMI also.

(When i say not i full screen i do NOT mean windowed mode.)

i have a problem when starting my HTPC with my TV off.
If i do this it will not use the whole tv, there will be 2cm of black all around the edge.
And sometimes i dont even get a picture at all.

if i turn on the TV and then the HTPC there is no problem, or if i ctrl + alt + delete and then reopen xbmc the edge is gone.

I made windows boot into XBMC.exe instead of explorer.exe, can this make some problems?

i wanted to use eventghost when i started out.
but when i lunch xbmc via eventghost, i dont get my settings started up with xbmc.
so i loose all movie data and skin settings.
how do i change this?

And one last thing.
Sometimes when im watching a movie and pause it to change to normal cable tv, when i change back to my HTPC and wake it up, and resume the movie the sound is gone, is that some HDMi handshake problem? and is there anything i can do to resolve that?

Hope you can help

Rasmus Grevy
You could try <fullscreen>true</fullscreen> in C:\Users\Your_System_User_Name\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\advancedsetttings.xml http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv...ttings.xml OTH: How can you get a full screen if the feedback handshaking is not sending anything to your gfx card to indicate it's parms.. You might try to force a specific screen size (ie boot with the TV as default monitor, and lock up the setting to that).

one last thing) Sure sounds like a handshaking issue, you might have to re-specify the audio... try windowing XBMC, go into your PC audio section and see if you can force it into working, then come up with a script or key combination to re-initialize.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Not starting up in fullscreen0