ITV Player plugin - "Loading stream info" dialogue stays permanently on screen
When playing an ITV on demand stream, a dialogue "Loading stream info" is shown. It should disappear once the video starts playing.

But it does not disappear. I cannot remove it, or navigate the UI while it is showing. Clicking the dialogue's' "Cancel" button has no effect.

The video plays behind it just fine. But the dialogue remains on screen even when the video is stopped. So it's a complete show stopper.

Much easier demonstrated with an image, but I see no method of attaching one to this post.

This on Raspbmc on Raspberry PI RC5. XBMC reports itself as "XBMC 12.0 Alpha-6 ...."

Any solutions ?

Try adding this line "pDialog.close()"

after the line "player.play(play)" in default.py
Thanks. Explicitly calling "pDialog.close()" does, indeed, resolve the issue.

Since posting I have noticed that some other plugins that I use regularly can also suffer a similar problem. I.E. selecting "cancel'' leaves the dialogue on screen, and the UI locked up.

I wonder if there has been a behavioural change introduced by this commit:

Add a new native library that follows the Python API
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/b143...47e4215b7a

A quick look at the 'offending' plugins suggests that they rely on the dialogue window being automatically closed/destroyed when its reference goes out of scope. (E.g. on return from the creating proc).

If my speculation is right, then I think there may be a lot of plugins that will break as a result.

Thanks for this fix as I was experiencing the same thing.
I've the same problem with the ITV player. Your solution seems simple, but I am too much of a novice to know where to type this extra line of code. Would it be possible for one of you post a simple set of instructions? If so, I would be extremely grateful. Thanks.
(2012-10-08, 20:00)stud Wrote: I've the same problem with the ITV player. Your solution seems simple, but I am too much of a novice to know where to type this extra line of code. Would it be possible for one of you post a simple set of instructions? If so, I would be extremely grateful. Thanks.

Pre requisites
Raspbmc installation with itv player plug in
SSH login via putty or such
From home directory -default when you ssh in
cd .xbmc/addons/plugin.video.itv
this will get you to the directory with default.py in it
edit via
nano default.py
use
ctrl w
to find
player.play(play)
insert pDialog.close()
as per post above and save via
ctrl x and Y

hope above helps

Thanks for this info.......... this seems to work for me. Big GrinBig Grin
The same thing happens with the repositories installer. This solution worked for me with itv player. So does anyone know where this line should be added to .xbmc/addons/plugin.program.repo.installer/default.py in order to fix it?
Fixed in version 1.08:

http://xbmc-itv-player.googlecode.com/fi..._1_0_8.zip
Install just says - incorrect structure
Whoops...

Sorry:

http://xbmc-itv-player.googlecode.com/fi..._1_0_9.zip
Thanks. I've already installed manually! But others may find the fix useful!
(2012-10-30, 00:31)castalla Wrote: Thanks. I've already installed manually! But others may find the fix useful!

I get the incorrect structure error also. How do you install it manually?

Thanks,

Daz
(2012-10-22, 13:00)llionevans Wrote: The same thing happens with the repositories installer. This solution worked for me with itv player. So does anyone know where this line should be added to .xbmc/addons/plugin.program.repo.installer/default.py in order to fix it?

I have noticed a more recent code change (committed 21 October) that looks as if it might address the issue generally:
[fix] missing deallocator from the progress dialog.
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/2289...93a0f0c49e

Are you able to check the repositories installer behaviour against a current version of xbmc ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ITV Player plugin - "Loading stream info" dialogue stays permanently on screen0