MPAA and Unrated/Not Rated Movies
Hi,

I like using your skin a lot for browsing movies and TV shows.

My only complaint is that if the movie has an MPAA rating that isn't in the list then it doesn't appear at all on the screen. This makes me think that I didn't add this information.

I know their aren't any pictures available, at least on wikipedia, for the two ratings UR - Unrated and NR - Not Rated. Is it possible that if instead of showing blank, if the response doesn't "convert" to an available picture, that you either show the words or switch back to your default "Not Rated" picture that you used before you added the UK ratings and removing the "Not Rated" picture?

Thanks.
Hi yeah I can do something about that.

For those two ratings - "UR and "NR" - is that how they are displayed for the movies you have that don't show an image? Those names exactly? I'm asking because the NR image should display if the rating is "NR" - that's how it's coded.
Hi,

I just tried both in the "NFO" files and finally got "NR" working by using "Rated NR". If I just use "NR", it doesn't convert it into the image.

It would be great if we had an image for "UR" or if it showed text.

I use UR for movies that say "Unrated" which are usually the non-theater versions they put out on DVD. I use "NR" for ones that say "NR". I've found those are usually "made for TV" movies that didn't get an MPAA rating.

Thanks for taking it into consideration.
Hi Sharpe,

With the MPAA rating im not sure how to get Rated NC-17 or R18+ (No one 17 or under admitted) it does show in imdb but in my movies its always R (Under 17 Requires.....) a picture like the aussie one will be nice R18+

Not sure if im writing it the wrong way or its not added

The ones i see are G, PG, PG-13, R and NR

Thanks
Howdy

That's weird it should be there - I think currently it displays NC-17 if your rating value text is either "Rated NC-18" or "NC-18". TBH I've not looked at it for a while so it may have been something that's changed over time that I need to re-visit.

When I'm back from my current business trip I'll look into it and your other posts and see what I can do.

Cheers
All good,

Its NC-18, the only combination i didn't try. If you set the value to "Rated NC-18" you get 2 images overlapped (just avoid that and done)

Where is the image for "NC-17" i would like to change it to "R 18+" (Like the Aussie MPAA )

Thanks a lot Sharpe !!!
I've fixed the error so that NC-17 displays if the rating is "Rated NC-17" or "NC-17" - as it should always have been.

Changing the rating images isn't something you can do easily - they are all locked up in the media folder within the Textures.xbt file I'm afraid.
I am also having a problem with ratings. Since I'm in the UK, I use the UK: prefix in the mpaa tags. This works fine and displays the UK images for everything except for the ones using UK:PG. These ones overlap the UK and US images. Any chance it could be fixed? ☺
Cheers chriskeens

Thanks for letting me know about the bug try this version of the skin.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MPAA and Unrated/Not Rated Movies0