Win Not keeping the folders seprate
I fairly know how to use XBMC but I'm having this one issue, my videos are on my local network, in a folder that XBMC scrapes perfect, but I have 3 folders in my videos folder,
1. Movies
2. TV Shows
3. Kung-Fu & Anime
4. Family Movies

When I have these as a source in XBMC on my HTPC in another room they all show up together and not by the folders, Movies,TV Shows and so on...when I go to Videos in XBMC, Can I just have the file show up in they respected folders instead of being all together in XBMC,?? Thanks in advance
What you are viewing is library mode in the other computer and file view in your first htpc. There is option to turn off library view.
Oh ok...So my media server is a computer that I just work on and it keeps all the video files...My HTPC is reading from that media server and if I go into the HTPC and change the library view to file view it would show the folders instead of the files when i go to video, Then from there see that files in those folders? correct?
If it is on a network then it is unlikely to show in file view. You can mount the network folder as a drive in the second computer and add this new drive to xbmc.
Thats a new one to me...What do you mean by mounting the folder as a drive..I'm running Win7 64-bit on Main computer and 32 bit on the HTPC...Let me explain the problem a little better since I'm home and see the problem
So on my work computer is where movies reside, folders
Videos/movies/blah blach.avi
videos/familymovies/blah blah.avi and so on

When I go to my HTPC in the living room the computer reads the files that is in those folder but instead of them appearing under videos tab as
1. Movies
2. Family Movies
3. and
...so
..on
They just appear when I goto movies, every movie appears on it and not in respected folders...Its kinda hard to explained whats going on, its just not organizing correctly
When you scrape your movies into the library, they are treated as a single list of movies, even if individual movie files are in different physical (sub)folders. As baijuxavior mentioned, if you want to see your movies listed by their physical (sub)folder locations, you need to use the "Files" view. I think what may be confusing you is that the "Videos" menu option on the home page remembers your last view, so if you were browsing in the library view, the next time you select "Videos", you will be presented with the library view. To avoid this, do the following: System/Settings > Skin > Home window options > "Videos" button always goes to video "Files" (select this option). Now, whenever you select "Videos" on the home page, you are always presented with the "Files" view and you can then select your "Movies", "Family Movies", etc. subfolders and their component movie files.
Short version:

Videos -> Files = Everything in folders as you arranged them

Video -> Movies/TV Shows = everything that is a movie or TV show

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Not keeping the folders seprate0