Silence between tracks playing a CUE
Since ALPHA 5 and now 6 i have problems playing continuous mixed albums (CUE-files). Between every track there is a split second of silence, it happens 5 seconds before the next track starts and then again when the next track actually starts. Very annoying, so no seamless playback, i hoped it was solved in the latest snapshot, but it's still in ALPHA 6.
On my bug list as a high priority.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Good to know, thanks!
I'm concerned about this issue too,I use xbmc as the audio source in my HIFI system.
now I just play the big APE file instead of the cue sheet.
hope it can be solve soon.
Hi DDDamian,

this is a real problem for me too, I use XBMC as my favourite music hi-fi player.

File plays fine without the cue sheet, but with the .cue sheet it has these hiccups at the song transitions that DyStiC has described so well,

could you maybe share with us what the problem is and how complex it will be to fix?

I took a clue from this thread:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=134862

and changed my default audio player to "dvdplayer" in advancedsettings.xml and the files play perfectly now, without any skipping or jumping around the track transitions. And the file names are displayed properly too (except for track duration, but that's a small issue.)

I think I picked up a slight degradation in the sound quality of dvdplayer... so I would still love to see paplayer handle single audio files with cue sheets properly.

mmmm, correction, changing default audio player might play the music properly, but doesn't read the .cue sheets properly (doesn't display current song, time remaining, etc) - so, no solution at all (could just ignore cue sheets for now :/ )

this issue happens in Linux version too: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=85782
I just installed RC3 to find out this bug is still there. Now only a small hickup when the next track starts. So no seamless playback.
Anyone else noticed this?
A known issue. Unfortunately, the fix will require some major work on some stuff, so it won't be fixed for v12.0.
Thanx for your reply, then i'll wait patiently.
Sorry - forgot about this thread. As Ned mentioned there's some fairly extensive changes to the stream handling to prevent this glitch, and large or complex changes do not get injected before a release.

In layman's terms the issue stems from how we transition between streams - there's a whole lot going on even if the format & sample rate stay the same, to accomodate those times where they're not the same. Things like filling buffers, cross-fading, initializing decoders, transcoding, etc. That's where the rework was required, and it's just to much change to inject at this time.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Bump
Silverstone Grandia GD02-MT | AMD A8-3850 | Breakaway Audio Enhancer, HK AVR-365 | HKTS 30, Philips 50PFL7956H/12 21:9 3D
Hi everyone,

what is the status of this issue? Ned Scott mentioned that it couldn't be fixed in Frodo... but what are the chances for Gotham?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Silence between tracks playing a CUE1