Win My new HTPC twins
Smile 
What I wanted:
A HTPC for the livingroom and a HTPC for our gaming room. They needed to be able to play 1080p and 3D h-sbs with DTS MA and Dolby HD over cabled network. Have power for light gaming but stil stay quiet.

The shopping list:
2 SILVERSTONE HTPC SST-ML03B BLACK M-ATX
2 OCZ AGILITY 3 2.5" 60GB SSD SATA/600 MLC
1 LOGITECH HARMONY 200
1 LOGITECH HARMONY ONE
1 LOGITECH DiNovo Edge
2 INTEL CORE I3 3225 3.30GHZ 3MB S-1155 IVY
2 GIGABYTE GA-Z77M-D3H Z77 S-1155 MATX IVY
2 CORSAIR CX 430W V2 ATX12V 2.3 / EPS12V PSU
1 CORSAIR 16GB DDR3 VENGEANCE LP PC3-12800 1600MHZ CL9 (4X4GB)
2 Philips OVU412000 IR Receiver Wireless MCE

Now for the install:

I started with the motherboard and the SSD.

Inserted RAM, CPU and PSU, as you can se this case doesn't realy have space for a PSU.

Hiding the ir sensor (TINY!)

Case closed and looking good.

Closeup
And the twins setup

And the closeup

The computers look and work great!

And experience index for those interested:

Coments and questions are welcome Smile
Congrat.....and enjoy it......!
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Very nice. Thanks for posting the pictures.
The ir sensor is brilliant and work seamlessly with the harmony remotes Smile
Btw: the motherboard has a function that keeps the usbs powered even when the computer is turned off, could that let me power it on with a remote?
(2012-10-06, 18:16)bluray Wrote: Congrat.....and enjoy it......!

Thanks!
Btw, the corsair cx430's fan lines perfectly up with the ml03b so there's no reason to feel forced to buy silverstones own psu.
(2012-10-07, 12:56)RaggSokk3n Wrote:

Thanks!
Btw, the corsair cx430's fan lines perfectly up with the ml03b so there's no reason to feel forced to buy silverstones own psu.
I still preferred Silverstone and SeaSonic over Corsair.....I installed one Corsair PSU in the past, and it made whine noises after 6 months....the capacitor in it is not very robust......good luck!

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2012-10-07, 18:06)bluray Wrote:
(2012-10-07, 12:56)RaggSokk3n Wrote:

Thanks!
I still preferred Silverstone and SeaSonic over Corsair.....I installed one Corsair PSU in the past, and it made whine noises after 6 months....the capacitor in it is not very robust......good luck!

That won't be a problem in my country, all customer electronics have a 5 year waranty Smile
(2012-10-06, 18:35)RaggSokk3n Wrote: The ir sensor is brilliant and work seamlessly with the harmony remotes Smile

I am not sure, where do you have IR receiver, is it build in the case?
The receiver it self I put behind the pc, the little black thing on the speaker is the sensor.
6.5 WEI for integrated GPU is impressive not to mention all the score for a everything being on the chip.
The scores aren't far from a i7 2600 + gtx 550 Smile
Very impressive Smile
Nice twins! Two the better... Big Grin Wink Nod

The corsair cx 430 power supply... It crapped out on me... almost messed up a computer... seems you got a good batch.

I use to hear a humming noise when the computer was off.... get your ear next to it when it is off... if you hear something watch out.
(2012-10-29, 07:25)RaggSokk3n Wrote: The receiver it self I put behind the pc, the little black thing on the speaker is the sensor.

Did you open quite big receiver (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Philips-OVU412...4c6&_uhb=1) and take out only sensor?

Did you connect receiver to sensor with some wire by yourself?

What does mean plugs IR1 and IR2 on receiver?

I am thinking about this receiver for my harmony remote. Thank you very much for your help.
(2012-10-29, 10:57)PV_XBMC Wrote:
(2012-10-29, 07:25)RaggSokk3n Wrote: The receiver it self I put behind the pc, the little black thing on the speaker is the sensor.

Did you open quite big receiver (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Philips-OVU412...4c6&_uhb=1) and take out only sensor?

I am thinking about this receiver for my harmony remote. Thank you very much for your help.

comes with external sensor (ir1) with 3m(?) cable Smile
(2012-10-29, 21:42)RaggSokk3n Wrote:
(2012-10-29, 10:57)PV_XBMC Wrote:

comes with external sensor (ir1) with 3m(?) cable Smile

Do I understand well, that there is not any IR sensor in receiver and IR sensor on 3m wire is connected to IR1 or IR2 plug on receiver via some jack?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My new HTPC twins0