apple tv 2 beginner
Hi there

I am knew to the forum and to apple tv so please be kind,I am from the UK so its fairly knew over here,

Ok i have an atv2 its jailbroken it has xmbc installed as well as nito,now i have watched youtube read threads and i am i think as far as downloading Winscp for windows 7,I have got as far as i have the apple files open on my laptop on the rhd of sreen and my documents on the left,now i have downloaded a couple of addons to my laptop sportsdevil and musterman and icefilms.this is the point at where i am stuck. where or even what file do i drag and drop them into on the atv2 files Huh? as you know its very frustrating until you know.any help would be greatly apppreciated,
many thanks in advance x
Welcome to the forums!

You are on the right path with winscp - as I understand it you have logged onto your jailbroken atv2. Now, what you need to do is move the zip files you downloaded from the computer to the atv2. Just choose the files on the computer side, and drop them onto the atv2 side.

Once that is done, you add the addons/repos in xbmc on the atv by going to the configuration screen, choosing add-ons, and installing them from there.
i think i just did it from within xbmc to a mapped drive using the install from zip selection
Thanks very much for that but the problem is which File on the atv2 side do I drop em into ? Once I know the file then I am sorted . After that I think I understand I go back to the apple remote and enable the addons on the device itself , please help as you will know its really frustrating thanks in advance
(2012-10-07, 12:06)eddybailey Wrote: Thanks very much for that but the problem is which File on the atv2 side do I drop em into ? Once I know the file then I am sorted . After that I think I understand I go back to the apple remote and enable the addons on the device itself , please help as you will know its really frustrating thanks in advance

I'm not sure if you are confuse as which folder in the ATV2 to put your files into or not but if you are then it's this. FTP into the ATV2 put all your zip files into this folder "/private/var/mobile" from xbmc if you do an install from zip and choose the Home directory it will list the content of "/private/var/mobile". then you can choose the zip file that you placed there
though donation is not necessary but just in case you want to: Donate Here

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
apple tv 2 beginner0