Solved No Start Up Applause
So I am having some weird things happen and I know it cannot be my system, this is happening to all 5 computers in my home. The start up applause is not playing on all 5 machines. So I narrowed down what was done before this.

Added XBMC Library Auto Updater
New update to skin Backrow
TvTunes got updated

Sorry for all this detail, but trying to narrow down. First, I set XBMC auto updater to update my library at start up and then to clean my database. Then I log out and go back in and the start up sound is gone. So I read in a previous thread that I should look for the "home.xml" file and I saw the timeperimage was set to 2000. So I restored my backed up settings and then I checked that same file. It was set to 150, so I launched XBMC and this time (applause was back) and I did not install the XBMC updater. I did see that Backrow and TvTunes got updated and that's all that happened. I exited out, went back in and then no start up applause. So I checked the "home.xml" and this time around the timeperimage is set to 150 so now I am at a loss.

I am on Eden (11.0) and Backrow is 3.6.3 when this occurred.

Any ideas?
Nevermind, I just read the changelog; you removed the start up sound.

Since I have a copy of it, can I update to 3.6.3, insert the file and should work again?

For now, staying with 3.6.1
You would need to copy the sounds folder from 3.6.1 over the folder in 3.6.3 to restore the clapping
Thanks, tried that it did not work. So I poked around and found out the other missing piece. In the same folder there is a file called "sounds"; opened in NotePad and at the end the <activate> was missing. I added the entry from the 3.6.1 file version to the 3.6.3 file version along with the .wav file and I get the applause now. So along with moving the .wav file, you have to edit that sounds file.

Thank you. What was the reason to remove the "applause"? Maybe an option in the skin to turn it on or off instead?
Well yeah if you'd copied over the entire folder from 3.6.1 then that would have copied over the sounds.xml file as well, with the line for the startup wav in place.

But good work figuring out how to edit the code yourself.

I guess I just found that the startup sound was becoming less relevant especially for devices such as tablets and custom wallpaper setups so took the decision to remove it.
I respect your choice, to remove "applause" sound, but one of the things that made me chose your "skin" was the "applause" sound. That still impress my friends when I start XBMC up.!!!!
Therefore I want an opportunity, through the option, to turn it on or off.
I hope you are considering this option for us who have home theater. Thanks
Still the best "skin" and I have turned the"applause" sound on. thanks swatbat2142
It would be nice to have it as skin toggle but for the life of me I can't figure out how to make that happen for something in the sounds.xml.
Aw, does not sound good ... well. thank you for considering it.
There is a problem. I need v.3.6.1, so I can get "applause" to work. Where can I download itHuh
You can get the old files from here
thanks for the help, the files are added to my folder, with files important for the Back Row.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No Start Up Applause0