Can you give me an explanation of music tagging?
Hi,

I'm slightly confused over music tagging - can someone in the know give me some advice:

- Does XBMC require music to be tagged to download artwork, fan art etc.

- I used MusicBrainz Picard to tag my music, I was expecting an XML tag file to be placed with each music file - it didn't do this?? Do I need an XML tag?

- Whats the best software to use for organising music for XBMC??

- Does it matter if my music is on another Ubuntu computer and I access from the network with XBMC installed on a Win 7 machine??

Cheers for any advice!
(2012-10-07, 16:01)archie456 Wrote: Hi,

I'm slightly confused over music tagging - can someone in the know give me some advice:

- Does XBMC require music to be tagged to download artwork, fan art etc.
To get the best matches from online sources
Quote:- I used MusicBrainz Picard to tag my music, I was expecting an XML tag file to be placed with each music file - it didn't do this?? Do I need an XML tag?
The tag is embedded in the music file. MuisicBrainz Picard does a great job. In Frodo, MusicBrainz IDs will be used more in XBMC
Quote:- Whats the best software to use for organising music for XBMC??
Picard is good. Here is a method I use to organize the my music - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1102795
Quote:- Does it matter if my music is on another Ubuntu computer and I access from the network with XBMC installed on a Win 7 machine??
It should not. Though Windows is a case insensitive file system and Linux is case sensitive. For example, Windows thinks that 'music/the cars/' is the same as 'Music/The Cars' where Linux knows they're different Smile

OK, thanks for that.

I've installed the Universal Album scraper and Universal Artist scraper - do I need to set them up in any way or do they just work on their own in the background?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can you give me an explanation of music tagging?0