Video quality lacking
(2013-02-24, 14:29)PimpTwzt Wrote: Ok here is what I see. Hit O and look at the video details. On SD channels it says its running at 88% and HD is at 38% on vq Im guessing that means Video Quality because the audio or aq is running at 99% This is the reason the video quality is lacking, because it is not running at 100% like it should be. There are no settings to change this. What I what to know is how do we fix this?
VQ = Video Queue Saturation which means the size of the network buffer that is being cached & not video quality. VQ should only be a concern if it's 0% and you have buffering issues.
(2013-02-24, 15:38)Mclarenmp4 Wrote:
(2013-02-24, 14:29)PimpTwzt Wrote: Ok here is what I see. Hit O and look at the video details. On SD channels it says its running at 88% and HD is at 38% on vq Im guessing that means Video Quality because the audio or aq is running at 99% This is the reason the video quality is lacking, because it is not running at 100% like it should be. There are no settings to change this. What I what to know is how do we fix this?
VQ = Video Queue Saturation which means the size of the network buffer that is being cached & not video quality. VQ should only be a concern if it's 0% and you have buffering issues.

Ahh ok. Well im at loss then. The video quality is defiantly worse in xbmc than it is in NextPVR and WMC. Its most noticeable on SD 480i channels.
Running all the latest software and patches.
I do have the same problem and I have tried XBMC on Ubuntu 13.04 with Tvheadend as a backend and on Windows 7 with NPVR. Pretty much the same behavior: the video is jagged when objects are moving sideways relatively fast (easiest way to notice is when you see a stock exchange prices bar). When I opt for de-interlace, jagging is almost eliminated but then the video trembles heavily.

Hope there is a solution to this.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video quality lacking0