VideoDatabase setlinkmovie
I realized after my XBMC database editor threw an exception that between Video database 64 and 69, that the table setlinkmovie was dropped in favor of the single idSet field in the movie table. (master:VideoDatabase.cpp:4102) Why did this change? I really think we need to keep the many-to-many relationship because a movie can belong to several sets such a Iron Man in the Iron Man Collection as well as Avengers Collection, Comics, etc.

If I missed Previous discussions about this, I apologize in advance. I didn't see any posts relating to setlinkmovie.

-- Scott
See https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/1161
AWXi - Ajax web interface. Wiki
Ah Gracias! Somehow I missed that.

From the looks of it, the idea of using Tags does seem promising, as long as we see thorough integration such as adding a window id for use with ActivateWindow(videolibrary, MovieTags), and corresponding methods in the json method map:
{ "VideoLibrary.GetMovieTags", CVideoLibrary::GetMovieTags },

Sorry if I'm way behind in my understanding of whats being worked on. I'll try my hand at working on patches if they aren't a focus atm (or completed for that matter)

-- Scott
hmm, yup, i'm behind. i see in GUIWindowVideoNav.cpp:
else if (dir.Equals("MovieTags"))
return "videodb://1/9/";

that'll give me a lot to play with for a while...
Thanks Mizaki, its useful for newbie like me
I've been doing my best to work with this new change, but I have to say that I'm disappointed with the removal of multiple set support. Tags are not displayed in other lists like Sets are, i.e, collapsed. So, will we see integration of tags into the general lists? The reasons given in https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/1161 just doesn't seem to justify the change. TMDB isn't the defacto way to organize a collection. Hell, I disagree with 75% of their genre classifications. It's simply a matter of preference.

It's actually worth it enough that I've remerged the code to have version 12 with multiple sets.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VideoDatabase setlinkmovie0