Possible to send stream from Kodi to Kodi
Hey everyone,

I'm wondering if this is possible or a feature not implemented. I found myself playing with the XBMC android port and wanting to at one point send the video I was watching to my main XBMC player attached to my television. I want something like the airplay feature we support from an apple device to xbmc, but for XBMC to XBMC. Is this possible, or is it something we are just missing at the moment?
Not supported atm. Devs are working on it (will be included in the version after frodo).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Thanks for the quick reply! It may seem like a simple feature, but it is going to be super handy. I can see myself using it often. Another neat thing, though not sure how often it would be used is to send the video stream to another XBMC station, but allow the original device to keep the stream as well. Double your pleasure, double your screen. Not sure how useful it would be, more of a "cool" feature.
I know, it's been a few years now. I was digging through some old subscriptions and this got my interest again. Is this possible at this point to send something you are watching from one Kodi instance to another kodi instance? If so is there documentation on it?
You can do it via upnp.
On the 'playing' machine: system > services > upnp > allow remote control.
On the 'host': system > services > upnp > look for remote upnp players.
Then instead of hitting 'play' use the context menu to select 'play using'.

I may have missed something out - not sure if 'allow remote control by progs on other systems' is needed, it's on for me anyway.
And you probably need advanced or expert settings level to see the options.
Thats cool. Do you know if it is exposed in an api?

My End goal would be to have an app on my phone (or added to Yatse/Kore) and be able to press a button to swap streams. A better feature, though would require Kodi changes I'm sure, would be a key press on a remote/keyboard that would then display other running Kodi instances that you could push/pull streams.

TV watching stream A
Tablet2 watching stream B

Swap button (prompt which instance to flip streams with if multiple are running)

TV switches to Stream B
Tablet switches to Stream A
(2016-03-10, 17:43)mrdally204 Wrote: Thats cool. Do you know if it is exposed in an api?
I can't begin to express the level of my ignorance of api's, sorry.
Not sure about the API part, but press "Y" on a keyboard while using Kodi and you'll get the "switch player" window, which will show other UPnP targets.
Thanks Ned, I will have to check this out. Seems like a lot of things are already in place for what I want to do Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Possible to send stream from Kodi to Kodi0