Control your lightning from XBMC
Hello,

I have built a plugin for XBMC where you can control your lights if you have a TellStick Net.

It all works so that you log on to a website where all your devices are listed. There you can define what should happen for each device when a movie starts, pauses, resumes after pause, stop and shutdown. There are five different events. If you have devices that can be dimmed, you will be able to choose what percentage lamp should light otherwise it's on / off.

On this website you will also choose a username and password, which is then used in the plugin in XBMC.

To reach the settings in XBMC you have to go to "System" - "Setting" - "Add-ons" - "Enabled add-ons" - "Services". There you will find the plugin TellStick Controller. Select it and then select configure. Enter your username and password you selected on the website.

Once this is done it should only be to start a movie and the lights will be dimmed and switched on / off as you chose them to do.

The website for the settings can be found here: http://bit.ly/SMe0pR
Pluginnet, download here: http://bit.ly/QwCOUC

Please send an email to [email protected] if you have problems or find any bugs. Please also contact me if you have suggestions for improvements?

Regards
Henrik
Hi,

I´m about to launch a huge update to the XBMC Plugin.

In this release you must create scenarios (Movie, TV, TV-Show and so on). When you start XBMC you get a dialogbox where you choose scenario.

I have rebuild the website totally, so I have a new database structure. Therefore you have to login to the webpage and create scenarios and what should be happening with your lightning.

http://www.googleandroid.se/xbmc/tellstick/

If you have any question, don´t hesitate to contact me here or send an email to: [email protected].

I would be happy to hear your reactions!

Best Regards
Henrik
Hi!

This is exactly what I was looking for! I purchased my Tellstick Net today (after I noticed this plugin)...

I installed the plugin but I can't seem to configure it in XBMC. I logged in to the settings site and got the code but the configure screen in XBMC is just empty. There is a GENERAL tab to the left but theres nothing else and cklicking that tab doesn't do anything. So, there is nowhere to enter the code.

The settings XML looks like this:
<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<settings>
</settings>

Something missing I guess?
Ok, the missing thing was the reboot Smile
(2012-11-17, 20:30)ragonline Wrote: Ok, the missing thing was the reboot Smile

Hi,

I´m happy that a reboot resolved the problem. Please let me know how the plugin works for you!

Best Regards
Henrik
Wow this is exactly what I`ve been looking for. Works really great. Now what would be a nice addition. A setting where it checks the current setting of the light and can set it back, or like a time integration. Other than that great work.
A remote add on on top of that would also be nice. I know it has that built in, but is in the settings. Thanks again, hope you continue the great work.
Hi henkepenke.

I've installed your plugin a few days ago but I can't make it work. Every time I start XBMC I get "Plugin failed: script.xbmc.tellstick".

I've been to your website and created a scenario, but it can't be selected in xbmc settings screen. The only choice for scenario is "Disabled". I've also noticed that when I press Edit on your website to edit a scenario, nothing happens. I've tried with two different browsers.

Here's the two parts of my xbmc.log that mentions tellstick: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=36293

Hope to hear from you soon. I'll be happy to donate a few crowns if I can make this work Smile

Kind regards,
Anders
When I read the title of the thread I thought - "Wow this guy can control the Weather!"

Lighting = the deliberate use of light to achieve a practical or aesthetic effect
VS
Lightning = a massive electrostatic discharge caused by unbalanced electric charges in the atmosphere, and resulting in a strike, from a cloud to itself, a cloud to a cloud or a cloud to ground, and accompanied by the loud sound of thunder.

just messing with you Wink

btw... you might want to be more specific in your thread title - there are several scripts/plugin that control Light devices. I suggest you change your title to "Tellnet Stick - Lighting Control"
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Awesome plugin, installed now, works perfect!
What remote sockets are recommended for use with this?
Great plugin! have a some issues/suggestions though.

1. Setting my dimable switches to 0% doesn't work, the 0% doesn't invoke any change (works with telldus live). A solution was to add the same device as on/off device as well as a dimmable device. then I have the option to turn it off wich works.

2. The scenario option is very nice, however the choose scenario on play needs some tweaking, when you start playback my lights go mad, because it starts change light for playback, then xbmc pause the video to bring up the scenario options, and then you choose option and start play again, I think my lights went through play-pause-play settings before starting playback.

The best solution would ofcourse be if it automatic picked a default scenario depending if you play Movie, TV-Series or Live-TV, and even better if those scenarios could be picked based on time of the day. Because I don't need to control my light when the sun is up, and for Movies I'd like to turn off and dim some lights, but for Live-TV I want most of my lights on.

Other suggestions, add hotkey for scenario view. Also the option to control your light with shortcut or via main menu would be really nice.
undefined
I knew XBMC could show the weather, but who knew it could influence it?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2013-03-23, 12:24)unh0ly Wrote: What remote sockets are recommended for use with this?

These ones http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281099563323?s...1439.l2649
Hi

Your project is great! but i cant use it, because i have telldus USB dongle and i am using XBMC openelec distro.

could you develop your project for telldus USB on XBMC openelec distro?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Control your lightning from XBMC2