Naming TV Show Special
My wife started watching the show called Once Upon A Time.

It just started Season 2 and began with a Special episode not given an episode number by TVDB. If you look here, they just have it labeled as special. I've seen some people say to put it in a folder named Season 0 and others say to name it "Once Upon A Time S02E00".

What's the correct way to do things when it comes to specials? I read the Wiki article on TV Show naming, but that didn't seem to cover this issue. It had a section on specials, but that seemed to deal with things that weren't part of a series.
I usually have a folder structure like,
season 00 'folder for specials'
Season 01
Season 02

Episode Naming:
lost - 00x14 - The Final Journey

It then shows in specials in xbmc and in the correct season it's from.
I hope this helps Smile
Truth is there are multiple ways.
Season00
Specials

Or in the root folder for Once Upon A Time.

I use specials folder and make sure the show filename ia S00Exx (where xx is as on www.thetvdb.com)

All in all, your choice.
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
I was looking for that answer too. Great advise, thanks both of you :-)
so would this work with a DVD I have that I want to import of a fan collection or "best of" episodes from a TV show??
just use specials or season00?
Only if the episodes are stored in your chosen scraper source - thetvdb doesn't like true DVD-only specials, for example, preferring things that have genuinely been broadcast. That said, there are many DVD episodes up there, simply because people add them repeatedly if they don't allow them!

So, look up the series on thetvdb (assuming you're using that scraper), find the episode number, and name it like that. It doesn't really matter what folder/directory you put the episodes in as far as I know - Blob 0x01 or Blob S0E01 will both match the first special of series Blob.
I am having similar problems with Falling Skies specials for season 4. TVDB.com only has 3 specials displayed and none from season 4.
Does this mean they won't show up.
Thanks in advance - Tom
Yes, they will need to be added to theTVDB before you can scrape them with the TheTVDB scraper
@tommylee

Welcome to forums.

To expand a little on what kib said.

"You" (as you yourself) can add content/information to TVDB and other "open" source databases, its free. Signup for a account add accurate and detailed information and such and then wait some time and scrape it. no?

Ive done that on several databases scrapers xbmc/kodi use tmdb and tvdb alike.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Naming TV Show Special0